• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
CI-_90aW8AEb5GB.jpg

CI-_90XWIAAmGgp.jpg

:eek:

Not the best position there for Contador, 1 minute ahead of Froome. 10 years ago yesterday on an only slightly longer opening TDF tt Armstrong caught and passed Ullrich.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Why did Quintana chose to start so early???

Is he betting on some rain? I guess he knows he is going to loose some time anyway so why not start early.
he's obviously starting early because of thunderstorms and wind

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

Is he betting on some rain? I guess he knows he is going to loose some time anyway so why not start early.

Was this the guy who said Spilak couldnt TT? :confused: (just wondering since im not sure)

blackmamba said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

Was this the guy who said Spilak couldnt TT? :confused: (just wondering since im not sure)

Quintana obviously has better weather forecasts than everyone else.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Waterloo Sunrise said:
blackmamba said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

well for the afternoon thunderstorms have been forecasted and change of wind. that's also why dumoulin and lottonl guys start early. but believer whatever you want :rolleyes:

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Waterloo Sunrise said:
blackmamba said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

obviously doesnt need to be a genious to check the weather forecast exactly :p but im just wondering if thats the guy who said spilak cant TT since I dont know. :confused:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Ryo Hazuki said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:
blackmamba said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Escarabajo said:

well for the afternoon thunderstorms have been forecasted and change of wind. that's also why dumoulin and lottonl guys start early. but believer whatever you want :rolleyes:

Always an excuse.

Re:

Laughable. Here is this guy with a reputation well beyond his palmares, widely regarded in the same breath as multiple GT-winners, actually plan his starts after weather forecasts. Like i said against the presented excuses after Route du Sud, tarot cards, planet positions and the Oracle of Delphi are next in line for the emphatetic colombian.

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site

No_Balls said:
Laughable. Here is this guy with a reputation well beyond his palmares, widely regarded in the same breath as multiple GT-winners, actually plan his starts after weather forecasts. Like i said against the presented excuses after Route du Sud, tarot cards, planet positions and the Oracle of Delphi are next in line for the emphatetic colombian.

He won the Giro and got 2nd in the tour, similar palmares to Froome... The only 'multiple grand tour winners' in the current peloton are Contadar and Nibs (and Basso, I guess). IMO Quintana has shown both consistency and tenacity these last few years and has earned his spot in the discussion.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I think Dennis is a real dark horse for this course today. Although the early start will influence the way he looks at the race, his time trialling and hour record training should hold him in good stead.