• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:
Impressive. Nibali, who most here rated as an inferior TTer compared to Contador and Froome beats them under the same conditions. He continues to surprise.

...Yep. ;)

Happy for Pinot. The wind must have changed toward the end. Good day all around. I wouldn't mind seeing Froome, Quintana, and Contador with 1:30 or 2:00 to make up on Nibali in the mountains. Would make for spectacular racing.

How in the name of God will Nibali put nearly 2 minutes into them before the mountains?
Was that a real question? cobbles

Re:

rhubroma said:
Nibali ahead of Froome is surprising. Didn't like Alberto at all in the TT, but 8 seconds from Froome is still less than one second per k, which means he's in line with the first TT performance at the Dauphine last year. Still he didn't look smooth. Quintana road well. Nibali, of course, won the first round. This will give him super confidence for the cobbles on stage 4.

Before the cobbles comes Mur de Huy.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:
Impressive. Nibali, who most here rated as an inferior TTer compared to Contador and Froome beats them under the same conditions. He continues to surprise.

...Yep. ;)

Happy for Pinot. The wind must have changed toward the end. Good day all around. I wouldn't mind seeing Froome, Quintana, and Contador with 1:30 or 2:00 to make up on Nibali in the mountains. Would make for spectacular racing.

How in the name of God will Nibali put nearly 2 minutes into them before the mountains?

I don't know if you already forgot last year? Of course the rain played a part, but it could be 1-1:30 before the mountains, also if Astana are very strong in the TTT.

But Tinkoff Saxo looks good for the TTT, but SKY looks little bad.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

Cobbles? TTT?

May 26, 2009
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
For mr Miburo

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Vuelta_a_Andalucia_Ruta_Ciclista_Del_Sol_2015_Stage_32
(beating Contador, Froome, Jungels, Kiryenka..)

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Criterium_du_Dauphine_2014_Stage_1_Lyon
Speaks for itself, top field, 10km, he was 5th..

Giro ITT's are obvious
Moving on:
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Post_Danmark_Rundt_Tour_of_Denmark_2013_Stage_5_Holbk
Weak field, but a win on that distance

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=116749
Paris Nice prologue

And ofcourse this one:
http://www.procyclingstats.com/race.php?id=110919
In 2011, when he was not even 20.

If in top form like Dauphine last year Kelderman can easily do a top 10 in such field
I will bet my ballsack kelderman won't top ten here. still hilarious though how you overrate the dutch :tranen:
hahahahahaha :D :D :D

That's going to be painful!!!

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Rollthedice said:
Miburo said:
Obviously the earlier guys like quintana. Hard to believe froome only took 10 sec on quintana.

But nibali is in monster shape.

His new roommate, Scarponi said that he is stronger than last year. I'm starting to belive this.

Don't forget Quintana. For a short rider like him to lose only 11s on Froome is an incredible achievement. He's in super shape too.

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Pantani_lives said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

The way he did it last year?

By them crashing out :confused: :rolleyes:

Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

Unlikely, but cobbles, echelons will help him, Huy and Bretagne against NQ and dawg.

rm7 said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

I don't know if you already forgot last year? Of course the rain played a part, but it could be 1-1:30 before the mountains, also if Astana are very strong in the TTT.

Yes, but it is the cobbles where Nibali can take big time if things go as last year. On the Mur, by contrast, he wouldn't take more than a few seconds. Although right now, he certainly looks to be a force on the Mur as well.

franic said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

Cobbles? TTT?
Can't see Astana making up big ground here. TCS, SKY and MOV are all very good in that discipline

Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

Echelons (less likely) and the stones (more likely), for two. This is a sketchy first week, and Nibali's proven that he's more than capable of taking advantage of stages that ride like classics.

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

rhubroma said:
rm7 said:
Alcanelo said:
mr. tibbs said:
SeriousSam said:

...Yep. ;)

Yes, but it is the cobbles where Nibali can take big time if things go as last year. On the Mur, by contrast, he wouldn't take more than a few seconds. Although right now, he certainly looks to be a force on the Mur as well.
I seriously doubt Nibali will be in front of Contador on the Mur…Contador has much more power. Last year, when Contador was inferior, he was able to put 2/3” in front of Nibali on the first hill