• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrecht

Waddup people, it's still early, but *** will be on coming Saturday, and as usual I'm too lazy to make my own analysis.

What's officially referred to as the Tour de France, will feel more like the Vuelta in Holland, as temperatures of almost 37 (in the *** netherlands) degrees are predicted as the peloton will kick of this week. Only tt in the race, let's hope mr Tom Dumoulin can start the Tour on it's only high note for the Dutchies as anyone remotely related to Lotto-Jumbo is doomed to fail.

Miburo said:
I remember hitch’s words about the first week of the giro. One of the hardest first weeks in the giro in a very long time according to him. The first week of the giro was great, not that it means that a hard first week in a GT guarantees a spectacle though. But after looking carefully at the first week of the tour it’s one of the most dangerous ones in recent history. Especially the first 4 days, it’ll take you a while to find a harder beginning in the tour than this one (tour 2010 i’d say, but i think this one will create bigger differences, i’ll explain why later on). Let’s take a look at the first week of the tour.

Stage 1 Utrecht-Utrecht, 13.8km ITT
Yes the only one ITT, we should call ourselves lucky though because apperently there were plans to make it even shorter. It’s a short one, but not one to be underestimated, you can easily lose 30 sec here on a bad day, maybe even more. Remember Andy’s disaster beginning in the tour of 2010? and that ITT was 5 km shorter! The hardest 1st day since the tour 2009. Another great example, that 15.5 km ITT in monaco. Menchov wasn’t ready and Spartacus caught him (started 1:30min behind him iirc). When we look back at this tour, this stage might have been the decisive one in determining the GC.
PROFIL.png

http://www.letour.fr/PHOTOS/TDF/2015/100/carte.pdf
thumb_uc_207801_506_Streckenverlauf_Tour_de_France_2015_-_Etappe_1.jpg

Re: Most overrated race in the world: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrec

Red Rick said:
Waddup people, it's still early, but **** will be on coming Saturday, and as usual I'm too lazy to make my own analysis.

Most overrated race in the world

What's officially referred to as the Tour de France, will feel more like the Vuelta in Holland, as temperatures of almost 37 (in the **** netherlands) degrees are predicted as the peloton will kick of this week. Only tt in the race, let's hope mr Tom Dumoulin can start the Tour on it's only high note for the Dutchies as anyone remotely related to Lotto-Jumbo is doomed to fail.

nice positive thinking ;)
let's be optimistic sometimes

about the most overrated race, I'll go to the Tour Hype thread.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Re: Most overrated race in the world: Stage 1, Utrecht-Utrec

Zam_Olyas said:
Will we have FiFi sighting on Tv. Who wants an avatar bet?

Yes, she will be at the 3m Pythagorean Theorem timecheck running alongside Froome waving a giant eggbeater in his face. (Or possibly only standing at the side of the road holding a large "I Love You Alberto" banner.)

There, I edited some, couldn't get the map in, but it's the profile that really matters:p

Oh, and you got the weather forecast already, heat alarms are on from tomorrow onwards in the Netherlands. It's gonna be sunny, it's gonna be hot as hell, it's gonna be one crowded heck of a mess if you ask me

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Amsterhammer said:
Son of Amsterhammer said:
Spartacus I think, but it'll be very close at the top.

Welcome, my boy! :D

How many years have I been trying to get you to sign up?

I hope he isn't completely like you. :p
Jk...

I actually agree. Hoping Spartacus takes the win.

I will be cheering our local hope for the first yellow, Tom 'The Tank' Dumoulin. :cool: