• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 13: Muret > Rodez 198.5km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Don't think the break will take it, too many sprinters haven't got any results yet so they'll try to keep it together.
Tinkoff, Orica, Giant, Europcar, Lotto Soudal, Katusha and Etixx will all try and keep it together for a sprint.

It's far too risky for Lotto to aim for a sprint when other teams may try to shed Greipel on the climbs (and the finish seems too steep for him as well). Better for them that a big group gets away and only few points are left. Etixx have enough other excellent options (like Trentin), and who would sprint for Orica? Matthews is still struggling.

Re:

Sasquatch said:
The reason why Matthews hasn't withdrawn is that they think he'll be able to contest a stage.

Or maybe he hasn't withdrawn is because he want to complete the race. He's not the first who has continued through a world of pain, driven solely by the desire to reach Paris, and he'll hardly be the last.

Anyway; Bak is gonna win this stage.

if somehow the break doesn't make it, sagan, stybar and avarmaet are the main favourites for me. It's too steep for degenkolb and kristoff if those three decide to hit it from the bottom of climb. I think today sagan should not worry about being wheelsucked by degenkolb or somebody else and just strike. If he still has the punch he used to have, he should be able to drop everybody and the last flat is too short for the others to catch him. If he's afraid, he will be second again, because either stybar or somebody else will decide to risk it.

Slightly hillier version of stage 6 (Le Havre). The final ramp isn't straight and doesn't have the flatter section at the top so less suited to the likes of Degenkolb and Kristoff (if they couldn't win there then it will be difficult for them to win here). Probably not hard enough for the likes of Valverde, Martin, Vuillermoz and they should focus on Mende

In theory the break should go but we'll probably see Giant and Lotto (!!) chase for Sagan again

Re: Re:

Lance Armstrong said:
Eyeballs Out said:
In theory the break should go but we'll probably see Giant and Lotto (!!) chase for Sagan again

This. No way they'll allow Sagan to make a break and pick up those intermediate sprint points.

i think, that he wanted to say that giant and lotto will chase the break and then sagan will drop greipel and degenkolb in the finish, not that they would chase sagan in the break.

tomorrow said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Eyeballs Out said:

This. No way they'll allow Sagan to make a break and pick up those intermediate sprint points.

i think, that he wanted to say that giant and lotto will chase the break and then sagan will drop greipel and degenkolb in the finish, not that they would chase sagan in the break.

Indeed. I don't blame Giant so much but Lott,o who have thrown everything behind the green jersey push, worked on stage 6 to bring back the break for a finish that was very suitable for Sagan and which Greipel couldn't possibly contest

search said:
as far as I can remember he won all his four stages in some kind of bunch sprint?!
In 2013, Sagan's Cannondale managed to drop some of the top sprinters on a climb (for instance Cav, Kittel and Greipel who had all won stages earlier in that tour!). Cannondale pulled all the way to the finish from more than 100 km out, and those sprinters never closed the gap.

tomorrow said:
Lance Armstrong said:
Eyeballs Out said:

Sorry then, I just wanted to comment on those predictions that Sagan will take it from the break :)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Netserk said:
Lotto won't chase today (if they manage to get in the break, which I think they will).

DS confirmed they won't try and keep it together for the intermed sprint and they know greipel can't handle this finish. They hope for a big group with one of their guys.

If sagan is in it too though they obviously will chase

TRENDING THREADS