• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 13: Muret > Rodez 198.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Lotto won't chase today (if they manage to get in the break, which I think they will).

DS confirmed they won't try and keep it together for the intermed sprint and they know greipel can't handle this finish. They hope for a big group with one of their guys.

If sagan is in it too though they obviously will chase
No

They said it. This isn't me making a prediction, this is a fact.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Cyril Gautier (Europcar)
Wilco Kelderman (Lotto-Jumbo)
Alexandre Geniez (FDJ) - local guy
Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal)

Counter

Nathan Haas (Cannondale-Garmin)
Pierre-Luc Périchon (Bretagne-Séché)
Andriy Grivko (Astana) and Perrig Quémeneur (Europcar) also chasing

Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Lotto won't chase today (if they manage to get in the break, which I think they will).

DS confirmed they won't try and keep it together for the intermed sprint and they know greipel can't handle this finish. They hope for a big group with one of their guys.

No

If they already have a man in the break themselves, then they aren't strong enough to pull it back. They may try to, but they won't manage to do it.

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Miburo said:
Netserk said:
Miburo said:
Netserk said:

No

It's a fact that they said it, not a fact that they will do it.

Sky for sure will not chase the 'right' breakaway.

We saw this played out well in 2012. They aren't especially interested in stage wins, so as long as there is no GC threat, the break wins, or someone else does the work to haul them back.

Its actually quite an intelligent strategy, protecting their doms energy for the other stages.

Disagree with most here. I think there will be lots of interest in chasing the break. Giant and Tinkoff, maybe Europcar for Coquard and Orica for Yates/Matthews. They'll drop Cav, Griepel and possibly Kristoff on either Selve or Primaube.

Sagan will crush everyone from right at the bottom of the 570m to the line.

Re:

Catwhoorg said:

We saw this played out well in 2012. They aren't especially interested in stage wins, so as long as there is no GC threat, the break wins, or someone else does the work to haul them back.

Its actually quite an intelligent strategy, protecting their doms energy for the other stages.
Has there ever been a team that didn't do that?

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Today is the perfect day for the breakaway to win. Sky will not control, Movistar and Tinkoff have a good option today (Valverde and Sagan) but they're looking foward to greater objectives.

Lol :D

13:13 Time gap on the up
Peloton at 3 minutes. One Giant-Alpecin rider tried to escape but briefly

13:16 3.50 at km 17
Chasers Giant-Alpecin have given up. Time gap to the leaders: 3.50 at km 17

13:28 Giant-Alpecin in the chase
The gap drops down slightly: 4.20, as the Giant-Alpecin team is pulling again.

13:34 Still 4.20
The time gap remains steady: 4.20

Netserk said:
Catwhoorg said:

I think everyone has done it to some degree. Sky really upped the level can't be bothered chasing in 2012, which was very odd as they had Cav on the team. The only one they chased back, even had EBH in the break, and they had him sit-up.

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Jagartrott said:
Too hilly for them - see their result in the TTT. It's not their terrain.
I do see BMC chasing a bit later on though, and perhaps Tinkoff with one guy. I don't think the break will stay away.
BMC for what? Tinkoff maybe with Tosatto, but not very strongly. I see high options for the break today

Catwhoorg said:
Netserk said:
Catwhoorg said:

I think everyone has done it to some degree. Sky really upped the level can't be bothered chasing in 2012, which was very odd as they had Cav on the team. The only one they chased back, even had EBH in the break, and they had him sit-up.
They did? I don't remember Europcar chasing a lot of breaks the year before. Sky still chased when they wanted to win, see PdBF, Ax-3, Ventoux etc. It's the same for every team that leads the race. Most of the time they are happy to let a break go, but sometimes when they want the stage win, they chase.

TRENDING THREADS