• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 13: Muret > Rodez 198.5km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Z3lvet said:
tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:
How did Kristoff manage to lose 45 seconds when he was at the front with a km to go though? Last chance for Kristoff, Degenkolb and Sagan seems to be stage 15.

well, stage 15 will be for break imho, and as far as sagan is concerned, he will survive that cat2 climb before finish of stage 16 to gap to come second just to prove the tradition.
Cat. 2 climb this close to finish is too much for today´s Sagan (heavier than usual) imo.

Disagree. I think several sprinters like Degenkolb and Kristoff will still be there and Cavendish will try.

If Tinkoff set a good pace on the climb with Rogers, Kreuziger and majka it seems unlikely. Depends how its raced ofcourse

Z3lvet said:
tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:
How did Kristoff manage to lose 45 seconds when he was at the front with a km to go though? Last chance for Kristoff, Degenkolb and Sagan seems to be stage 15.

well, stage 15 will be for break imho, and as far as sagan is concerned, he will survive that cat2 climb before finish of stage 16 to gap to come second just to prove the tradition.
Cat. 2 climb this close to finish is too much for today´s Sagan (heavier than usual) imo.

I haven't seen the scale, but have heard and read that he is actually down a few kg. which might explain his (slight) less punch in the final 100 m. PS was good, GVA was just better today.

Bushman said:
Carols said:
Bushman said:
Carols said:
GVA Nice win!!!! Sagan Fail Again!

How is this a fail? He did everything right, GVA were just stronger in the end. I know it's a popular thing mock Sagan and call it a fail whenever he doesn't win, but honestly not a single one of his podium places this Tour has been a result of a 'fail' or dumb tactical move.

By not winning......Again.

So if you give everything you have, does all the right things but just isn't strong enough, it's a fail?

Thats not the way I would use the word fail.

well, it's true he hadn't had the kick enough to beat him in the sprint, he was faster, but he was not fast enough, so he gave up.
On the other had, from the overview camera it's obvious that could have gone faster up the hill. When he got to GVA's wheel, he eased a little bit, cause he thought he would do GVA in the sprint. GVA, on the contrary, was certainly going full genius up the hill, cause he certainly didn't count on beating sagan in the sprint. Had sagan continued at the same speed he would have got margin enough on GVA to win. so actually it is some kind of fail, which he admitted in the interview too. I think he would have beat GVA also in the sprint hadn't he been closed in the corner and then having to go from the other side

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

jmdirt said:
Z3lvet said:
tomorrow said:
Z3lvet said:

I haven't seen the scale, but have heard and read that he is actually down a few kg. which might explain his (slight) less punch in the final 100 m. PS was good, GVA was just better today.
No, Sagan has never had such a good punch

Andro said:
Sophistic said:
This has to be a joke, Mollema gains time on Barguil, Talansky, Pinot by not competing on the final climb...

Yeah, that doesn't seem fair. If I were one of his GC competitors I would definitely complain.

You only mention one GC guy. The others are allready waaay behind.
It's certainly an awkward situation, but my guess is that Mollema most definately would've ended up in the group he got the time from.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Kwibus said:
Andro said:
Sophistic said:
This has to be a joke, Mollema gains time on Barguil, Talansky, Pinot by not competing on the final climb...

Yeah, that doesn't seem fair. If I were one of his GC competitors I would definitely complain.

You only mention one GC guy. The others are allready waaay behind.
It's certainly an awkward situation, but my guess is that Mollema most definately would've ended up in the group he got the time from.
ok, then add frank & rolland but it doesnt matter, this is about principle. "my guess" "most definietly"...says who, may be he would have been with van avermaet, may be he would have bonked. they guy gained time & saved energy by not competing, how in the world is this possible. it was a big mistake by the organisers to keep the 3k rule on such a finish, where splits occur because of performance differences rather than crashes. imagine this would have been one of the podium contenders and these seconds make the difference at the end.

Bushman said:
Carols said:
Bushman said:
Carols said:

How is this a fail? He did everything right, GVA were just stronger in the end. I know it's a popular thing mock Sagan and call it a fail whenever he doesn't win, but honestly not a single one of his podium places this Tour has been a result of a 'fail' or dumb tactical move.

So if you give everything you have, does all the right things but just isn't strong enough, it's a fail?

He admits it himself!

"I lost the race for my mistake," he added, "I don't like if I lose due to my legs. I can accept that. But today I waited too long. I got on Greg's wheel and sat down and then I ran out of legs. It's not bad luck. That was my mistake because I needed to carry on pushing so that I could win."

tomorrow said:
Bushman said:
Carols said:
Bushman said:
Carols said:

well, it's true he hadn't had the kick enough to beat him in the sprint, he was faster, but he was not fast enough, so he gave up.
On the other had, from the overview camera it's obvious that could have gone faster up the hill. When he got to GVA's wheel, he eased a little bit, cause he thought he would do GVA in the sprint. GVA, on the contrary, was certainly going full genius up the hill, cause he certainly didn't count on beating sagan in the sprint. Had sagan continued at the same speed he would have got margin enough on GVA to win. so actually it is some kind of fail, which he admitted in the interview too. I think he would have beat GVA also in the sprint hadn't he been closed in the corner and then having to go from the other side

I dont agree. If Sagan couldnt pass GVA in the last 100 metres there is no way he could have dropped him earlier IMO.

I do think that Sagan maybe could have won had he not gone the wrong way around GVA at first, though. But that stuff happens and I wouldn't blame him for it.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Just watched the finish and I don't really understand how you could say Greg closed the door on Sagan. I am shocked how Greg attacked away with 450m to go and then kicked again to beat Sagan. Super impressive and strong. I hope to see him do this in one of the big spring classics and win it.