• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 35 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (16

ILovecycling said:
Gigs_98 said:
quintana could be over 3 minutes behind the other contenders easily after only 4 stages
yep, and considering he didnt plan to attack from 2nd week (imo) he is not in a good position at all, he has to hope that Froome and AC will lose time on Tuesday not him.
I think Froome as well as AC will loose time on tuesday but I think nairo will loose even more :eek:

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Maybe Cav just gave up on instinct when he saw Griepel passing. When tired you don't always think and react like you should. Sure he feel bad that Canc took yellow.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Gigs_98 said:
cancellara could even hold yellow tomorrow because the riders behind him aren't the strongest climbers for the mur de huy

I think Sky are prepared, although Froome/Thomas are probably too far back even if they did get an advantage.

Off-topic but why in the hell has Cancellara never even ridden LBL (or Lombardia)? He could have been able to win all five monuments but now is probably past it.

Uran might be the best prospect for yellow on the Mur, out of climbers. He's +35-40 on Cancellara.
And Cancellara never ridden Liege and Lombardia because he knows he can't win them

Re:

Happy dude said:
Wow.... I've never been so annoyed at a bike race

Quickstep have 6 riders

Soudal have 3

Why did they not lead out properly

Why did renshaw go early

Why did Cavendish go early

And WHY! Did he sit up. That is just not fair on TM who works so hard for him all the time.

I hope he apologises

When is the next sprint stage?....
Omloop looping all over again..

Sxxt to be Etixx fans.. :(

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If you see the sprint in slow-motion, you can see Sagans wheels spins on the road markings twice within the last 50M. Probably the difference between 2nd and 1st today

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

dicanio_michael said:
Happy dude said:

Quickstep have 6 riders

Soudal have 3

Why did renshaw go early

And WHY! Did he sit up. That is just not fair on TM who works so hard for him all the time.

I hope he apologises

I'm starting to think the team is just full of bottlers

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BS Cavendish. He is not only a dirty sprinter (this fact we know all), but it is not the first time he gave up a sprint when he is not able to win... Personally I never liked him. So I hope he will just have a bad Tour.... Oh, and that he spoiled the yellow for his team-mate Martin is unacceptable. What a arrogant me-me-me hack... Hope he gets isolated within the team at least from now on.

Hardly like he did it on purpose tbf

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
I like cavendish, I like sagan, I like cancellara
but of course the german monkey that nobody likes wins the stage

Well I like him! And I'm glad he beat that egoistic idiot Cavendish!

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Punkan said:
Maybe Cav just gave up on instinct when he saw Griepel passing. When tired you don't always think and react like you should. Sure he feel bad that Canc took yellow.

May he will say this to his team-mates... Inside he thinks "WTF, I don´t care bout ya all. Either I win, and when not it´s your mistakes".

Mr.White said:
Gigs_98 said:

mmm, CAvendish winning would noy bother me
but Cance is yellow in his last Tour is very good.
and no "everybody loves Tony Martin Panzerwagen in yellow" is also good

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Punkan said:

May he will say this to his team-mates... Inside he thinks "WTF, I don´t care bout ya all. Either I win, and when not it´s your mistakes".
If he does feel like that he should take a long hard look at himself

dicanio_michael said:
Punkan said:
Nice try, but he sure knew what he needed to do. They had radio and DS must had said it millions times.

Do you really think he remembered it and just couldn't be bothered for a team mate? :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

PremierAndrew said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
BS Cavendish. He is not only a dirty sprinter (this fact we know all), but it is not the first time he gave up a sprint when he is not able to win... Personally I never liked him. So I hope he will just have a bad Tour.... Oh, and that he spoiled the yellow for his team-mate Martin is unacceptable. What a arrogant me-me-me hack... Hope he gets isolated within the team at least from now on.

Hardly like he did it on purpose tbf

Certainly not. But since he is always me-me-me, it never came to hisa mind what is at stakes. His arrogance is deep inside since felt forever...

Mr.White said:
Gigs_98 said:

I do too. Seems like a nice guy and has the best attitude among all the big sprinters. I like what he did with his early season this year as well as he was fun to watch in the Classics.

Happy dude said:
dicanio_michael said:
Happy dude said:

Quickstep have 6 riders

Soudal have 3

Why did renshaw go early

I hope he apologises

I'm starting to think the team is just full of bottlers
I figured their sport directors are not qualified enough....

When BMC and Saxo were pulling in the last 5k, it was their best chances to reform their sprint train. Instead, 3 of them were in another end separating with Cav and Renshaw. That's the most failure thing.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Happy dude said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Punkan said:

If he does feel like that he should take a long hard look at himself

He was at least like this since he started winning at ease. He´ll never change his bad character...

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
ILovecycling said:
Gigs_98 said:
quintana could be over 3 minutes behind the other contenders easily after only 4 stages
yep, and considering he didnt plan to attack from 2nd week (imo) he is not in a good position at all, he has to hope that Froome and AC will lose time on Tuesday not him.
I think Froome as well as AC will loose time on tuesday but I think nairo will loose even more :eek:
You never know with tour de crash :D
but nairo is extremely vulnerable at the wind, I think if it will be dry on Tuesday he should be ok.Im more concerned about his team, like wtf :confused:

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I like Cavendish possibly more than anyone else, of it wasn't for him I wouldn't watch cycling. But I like him less today, he shouldn't sit up.

And I think I've discovered the failure, trentin wasn't there. He would've been 3rd man.

But talk about throwing away two golden opportunities

PremierAndrew said:
dicanio_michael said:
Punkan said:
Nice try, but he sure knew what he needed to do. They had radio and DS must had said it millions times.

Do you really think he remembered it and just couldn't be bothered for a team mate? :D

Sure, he forgot about Tony's yellow jersey, but the point is he shouldn't have.

Etixx had Cav, Tony, Rigo, Renshaw, Styby, and Kwiato in a lead group of 24... and Cav can't remember to at least come third for Tony.

Vino's Mum said:
PremierAndrew said:
dicanio_michael said:
Punkan said:

Sure, he forgot about Tony's yellow jersey, but the point is he shouldn't have.

Etixx had Cav, Tony, Rigo, Renshaw, Styby, and Kwiato in a lead group of 24... and Cav can't remember to at least come third for Tony.

Not saying Cav didn't totally f up, but some of the comments here are just so cynical towards him...