2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 39 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Cav is selfish and can be a huge a**hole, but if he knew he was throwing away Martin yellow jersey at that time Im sure he wouldnt let it go. I have no doubt in my mind that Cav truly respects and likes Martin for all he did for him and as his teammate.
He is an emotional guy though, bit of a loony at times.
Yeah, whatever.
Even in his twitter rants and his reactions, it's still all about how he himself is not to blame. Renshaw left him 'hanging' and people who thought he could've managed to stay in front of Canc are idiots. Nothing like "I'm sorry that I didn't manage to secure the yellow for Tony - I made a mistake". Nah, of course not. He hits out left and right, as usual when he doesn't win.
 
Re: Re:

Agreed. If Cav was well and truly sorry for panzer he would first offer a official apologize for the world to see but instead uses that space for white-washing himself or jab against "imbeciles" who dare to be critical of his holyness.
 
Re:

Arnout said:
30 seconds too much for Quintana, I don't know what happened after they got back to 50 seconds.

Still, it's painful but nothing is lost. Hopefully Nairito can limit the damage on the cobbles and not be the last of the GC contenders, I'd allowed him to lose two minutes on the rest there but he already used up 1m30s of that time. But first, tomorrow.
Didn't Nibali have a mechanical at around that time? So no pulling by Astana.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
1
0
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Arnout said:
30 seconds too much for Quintana, I don't know what happened after they got back to 50 seconds.

Still, it's painful but nothing is lost. Hopefully Nairito can limit the damage on the cobbles and not be the last of the GC contenders, I'd allowed him to lose two minutes on the rest there but he already used up 1m30s of that time. But first, tomorrow.
Didn't Nibali have a mechanical at around that time? So no pulling by Astana.
I don't know if that was the only reason, it could be.
Massive fail by FDJ, I wasn't able to see the final 15km of the stage but as far as I saw the stage they never even tried to close the gap for Pinot and never helped Astana and Movistar.
But what else would you expect from a team that let's their team leader loose 5 seconds on every single remaining road stage of the TdS after he got the leaders jersey in the queenstage?
 
Mar 13, 2015
949
0
0
Re:

Campervan man said:
What happened to Porte and Poels, wasn't Walt in front group with Froome.
Poels wasn't in the group, the graphics mixed him up with Thomas
 
Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
TMP402 said:
Arnout said:
30 seconds too much for Quintana, I don't know what happened after they got back to 50 seconds.

Still, it's painful but nothing is lost. Hopefully Nairito can limit the damage on the cobbles and not be the last of the GC contenders, I'd allowed him to lose two minutes on the rest there but he already used up 1m30s of that time. But first, tomorrow.
Didn't Nibali have a mechanical at around that time? So no pulling by Astana.
I don't know if that was the only reason, it could be.
Massive fail by FDJ, I wasn't able to see the final 15km of the stage but as far as I saw the stage they never even tried to close the gap for Pinot and never helped Astana and Movistar.
But what else would you expect from a team that let's their team leader loose 5 seconds on every single remaining road stage of the TdS after he got the leaders jersey in the queenstage?
They clearly chased at some point but probably gave up a bit in the end.
 
Sep 19, 2013
345
0
0
Re: Re:

Eagle said:
Campervan man said:
What happened to Porte and Poels, wasn't Walt in front group with Froome.
Poels wasn't in the group, the graphics mixed him up with Thomas
That makes sense now as I thought in the last 3km where did G come from! I'm still amazed how quickly the Pinibs group lost time.
 
Jul 27, 2014
376
0
0
Re:

Kwibus said:
Replay shows Cav stops giving all with maybe 5 mtrs to go. Canc was allready passing him.
Still he went too early obviously and shouldnt blame his mates who were just freaking awesome.
Especially if he's blaming renshaw, blaming renshaw for 1 mistake ever is the most stupid thing I can think of
 
Re: Re:

Happy dude said:
Kwibus said:
Replay shows Cav stops giving all with maybe 5 mtrs to go. Canc was allready passing him.
Still he went too early obviously and shouldnt blame his mates who were just freaking awesome.
Especially if he's blaming renshaw, blaming renshaw for 1 mistake ever is the most stupid thing I can think of
Well im watching andutch tour show now and theyve shown a good analysis.
Kwiat,martin,uran and stybar are leading their pack with 1.2km to go. Behind them are the lotto-be guys and behind them renshaw and cav. Lotto-be starts moving up to the etixx train very slowly and then renshaw decided to pass the lotto-be train and comes to the lead with 800mtr to go which is way too early. Why did he do that?

Unless cav told him to go he made the mistake to go way too early.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
If i was Greipel i would be worried about Sagan, he had a puncture and got back to the group and lost the sprint by only a tyre width(if even)......
 
Re:

Benotti69 said:
If i was Greipel i would be worried about Sagan, he had a puncture and got back to the group and lost the sprint by only a tyre width(if even)......
He must have been drafting so hard that he almost sat in the team car. NO way he did caught up to the group on his own. Actually, I am surprised there are no pictures of his chase.

Remember Tinkoff posting riders drafing on his twitter and complaining about it? :rolleyes:
 
Mar 13, 2015
949
0
0
Re:

DJ Sprtsch said:
With all these posts blaming Cavendish, why on earth wasn't Martin on Cancellara's wheel? Would probably not have been able to pass him, but still.
He spent 50km riding flat out, then you expect him to try and beat Cancellara in a sprint
 
Re: Re:

Walkman said:
He must have been drafting so hard that he almost sat in the team car. NO way he did caught up to the group on his own. Actually, I am surprised there are no pictures of his chase.

Remember Tinkoff posting riders drafing on his twitter and complaining about it? :rolleyes:
Yeah, I was surprised about this too when I was following the news stream. One second he has a bike change and two mins later he is back with the group.

As for Cav, sometimes you need to know when to pick your battles. The cause of his defeat was likely due at least partially to Renshaw's tactics, but as leader, it can help morale if you don't always throw your teammates under the bus.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY