• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (166k)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Froome 0:00
Contador +8 secs
Nibali +1' 20
Quintana +1' 38

What goes around, comes around!
Quite interesting to see how Nibali and Quintana will now react, starting from tomorrow on the Mur and Tue on the cobbles. And don't forget that today Nibali spent definitely more energy than both Froome and Contador.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: 2015 Tour de France: Stage 2: Utrecht › Neeltje Jans (16

Gigs_98 said:
cancellara could even hold yellow tomorrow because the riders behind him aren't the strongest climbers for the mur de huy

Dumoulin will take yellow tomorrow.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

Was there a gap between Froome and Contador at the end ? Looked like it but only saw the top 10 results.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Cavs teammates faces be like
Angry_husky.jpg

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
cancellara could even hold yellow tomorrow because the riders behind him aren't the strongest climbers for the mur de huy
Dumoulin has a good chance, crossing my fingers for him.

The new forum keeps failing......what the heck will happen when this race really gets going?

Awesome stage, Happy to see Fabu in Yellow again. Not happy for Nibali or Nairito, but that's bike racing lads!

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow.... I've never been so annoyed at a bike race

Quickstep have 6 riders

Soudal have 3

Why did they not lead out properly

Why did renshaw go early

Why did Cavendish go early

And WHY! Did he sit up. That is just not fair on TM who works so hard for him all the time.

I hope he apologises

When is the next sprint stage?....

Gigs_98 said:

I think Sky are prepared, although Froome/Thomas are probably too far back even if they did get an advantage.

Off-topic but why in the hell has Cancellara never even ridden LBL (or Lombardia)? He could have been able to win all five monuments but now is probably past it.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
BS Cavendish. He is not only a dirty sprinter (this fact we know all), but it is not the first time he gave up a sprint when he is not able to win... Personally I never liked him. So I hope he will just have a bad Tour.... Oh, and that he spoiled the yellow for his team-mate Martin is unacceptable. What a arrogant me-me-me hack... Hope he gets isolated within the team at least from now on.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
quintana could be over 3 minutes behind the other contenders easily after only 4 stages
yep, and considering he didnt plan to attack from 2nd week (imo) he is not in a good position at all, he has to hope that Froome and AC will lose time on Tuesday not him.