• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour de france stage 3, Antwerpen-Hoei 159.5km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pedromiguelmartins said:
rhubroma said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
rhubroma said:
You don't stop a race for this reason!
Yes you do. If at least 1 ambulance is available, the race stops. No questions asked. Learn how to read.

And who the f are you? Listen, the fact that there are no ambulances is just f-ing pi$$ poor. This crash was normal, nothing out of the ordinary. It's a race that's gotten too big for itself.

I don't care if it is piss poor or not. If there's no ambulances available, the race stops, no matter what. That's the rule. The fact that they might have few ambulances is another discussion (poor planning), it doesn't change the fact that they HAD to stop today.

Well this is something I can respond to. It's the biggest race in the world and it keeps doing things like a Primadonna.

Why were all the ambulances engaged, for a crash that, everything considered, was spectacular but not horrific?

Re:

f1seb said:
The organizers still haven't said why the race was stopped. Guess they're still trying to come up with a good reason since: "Cause I wanted the tough Spartan who took himself out get back into the race" doesn't sound very nice in the press.
the doctors and medical staff were dealing with the crashes and they had no spare personal if more crashes hppened

shalgo said:
rhubroma said:
Nobody is saying it's the 30's, but this crash didn't warrent a neutralization of the race with all the ambulances engaged.

What about the part of the UCI rules saying that there must be an ambulance available at all times in WT races, as I quoted above?

Oh don't be silly, nobody here is concerned with fripperies like the rules. :D

May 26, 2015
Visit site

Miburo said:
pedromiguelmartins said:
Miburo said:
Canc is gonna give up. Martin yellow?

I'm all for neutralizing a race when riders crash. I hope doctors demand this every time with a big crash. But please give us consistency.
It has nothing to do with that. If all riders except Froome crash, but they have doctors and ambulances available, the race keeps going. Seriously, THINK!!!! READ THE RULE!!!!

How is it possible they didn't have enough now? I've seen worse crashes in the tour. Especially in the first week you need to be prepared.
That's another discussion and has nothing to do with the fact that they had to stop, NO MATTER WHAT.
We will know in the next few days.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

TMP402 said:
Fight.The.Power said:
They clearly need more ambulances then don't they ?

And for the ambulances to be able to make it through all the obstacles.

What about all the other crashes in the past tours? No way the ambulances could then get through it.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Cimber said:
José Been
@TourDeJose
NEUTRALIZED racing because of lack of ambulances. Organizers are liable if a second crash happens and now ambulances are present #TDF

So they kinda had to

Not only that, but Preudhomme must have had the name Casartelli in the back of his mind.......and wanted to be sure that none of the injuries were terminal.

shalgo said:
rhubroma said:
Nobody is saying it's the 30's, but this crash didn't warrent a neutralization of the race with all the ambulances engaged.

What about the part of the UCI rules saying that there must be an ambulance available at all times in WT races, as I quoted above?

I'm saying that the Tour de France wasn't up to it's level. How many crashes have we seen in other races, even worse, and magically there still was an ambulance with the peleton?

Re:

Fight.The.Power said:

Yeah, because ambulances and trained medical staff grow on trees. :rolleyes:

There are already ambulances following the group and spread throughout the route - for both spectators and riders. It is a huge strain on the local services as it is.

A cycling race stopping for a few minutes really isn't the end of the world in such excpetional circumstances.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Fight.The.Power said:

LOLZ... you don´t know? Canc needs to heal before they race again. Even if that means no racing until stage 18...
Yes, let's be a troll and kid about a guy that won 3 different monuments, has almost no sprint and lots of wins came by destroying the field on hardcore races and call ourselves "fans".

Meanwhile, let's just ignore the situation and the fact that it had nothing to do with a rider in particular.

Re:

Eshnar said:
So... there are those things on the road and casually the race is neutralized when we get there.
CJPL-qsXAAA-KBA.png

Crazy if that was part of the race, crazy.