• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 5: Arras-Amiens 189.5km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ryongsyong said:
Der Effe said:
TMP402 said:
Der Effe said:
True, but not as horrible as the Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism that's been spreading around for a few decades now. Even though Froomey is a boss this sickening attitude has been embodied by US- and UK Postal perfectly in cycling.

You're actually condoning the assault of Sky employees because of "Anglo-Saxon cultural imperialism"?

I am not. All I am saying is that behaviour like that doesn't come from nothing. That's something totally different to condoning or justifying it.

And I suppose women are part-responsible for being raped if they're wearing skimpy clothes too.

It appears you're missing the distinction between moral responsibility/blame and explanations as to why something occured. It's a critical distinction, and a failure to acknowledge it is an impediment to identifying the causal determinants of bad things people do to each other. To give an example, understanding how Western foreign policy might have contributed to terror is important. Remaining ignorant about it deprives us of a mechanism by which we can control the incidence of terrorism in the future. It doesn't help if every attempt to explore this matter is stopped with "So you're saying America is responsible for 9/11?!?!!?!"

Almost as important is understanding why people might not be overly fond of Sky!

TRENDING THREADS