• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 6: Abbeville-Le Havre 191.5km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Ataraxus said:
And one day before Fuente De many people here thought there was no way Contador would win the Vuelta.
It's possible, but unlikely. Nibali and Quintana are still in the race though, so no need to panic just yet.

And I still expect Contador to be strong in the 3rd week. Question is, how far down will he be at that point?

May 17, 2015
Visit site

Flamin said:
Z3lvet said:
Flamin said:
Sagan 2nd again, unbelievable :eek: maybe he didn't have the legs to follow Styby, because he looked to be going very strong. Else it would make no sense at all for Sagan to let him go.

Very glad for Styby though, great stage win in his first Tour. A shame we didn't get to see his attack. Really lame job from the tv director.
You can´t follow from fifth position and drop everyone. Not even Sagan can do that.

What do you mean, drop everyone? Why would he need to do that?
Because then they would outsprint him anyway? I didn´t mean literally everyone. Just Dege, Kris and Coq.

Flamin said:
Z3lvet said:
Flamin said:
Sagan 2nd again, unbelievable :eek: maybe he didn't have the legs to follow Styby, because he looked to be going very strong. Else it would make no sense at all for Sagan to let him go.

Very glad for Styby though, great stage win in his first Tour. A shame we didn't get to see his attack. Really lame job from the tv director.
You can´t follow from fifth position and drop everyone. Not even Sagan can do that.

From the green points perspective, Sagan did the best he could. Drafting 3-4 other sprinters to Stybar would result in him finishing 4th-5th...

Dog

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

damian13ster said:
No_Balls said:
rm7 said:
Valverdo COULD be reffering to the crash he had earlier in the stage, which no cameras caught. Just so everybody knows.

The bottom line is that where there is a Froome there is a problem. Nibali "mistook" the situation just so that he would remind Froome how he handles a bike and that people automatically assumes this. The same did Bala,

It is basically the will of the universe, karma, Santa Klaus, Lady fortune or whatever that have managed Froome to stay on the bike during two stages now.

Or his bike skills/positionning?
It is 2nd stage in which someone actually threw themselves at Froome, yet he managed to stay upright.
What has to be done in order for people to believe that he can handle the bike just fine? Has to win a trial competition? Maybe BMX?

Froome will always be a 'terrible bike handler' to some people. Even if he did a wheelie all the way up Alpe D'huez whilst juggling flaming clubs he would still be called a terrible bike handler, by LaFlorecita most likely.

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Flamin said:
Z3lvet said:
Flamin said:

sagan could do with watching this-if you want something badly enough you don't have to rely on others to help you get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJNLMYpr2TM

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Maybe Sagan's mistake was that he didn't stay closer to Stybar than he did. It was no shock that Stybar would try something like this.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

rainman said:
We expected a crash fest and it happened, luckily the gc favorites are still there so far. What I didn't expect was the incredible boredom so early in the tour. Zeeland and cobbles final apart it has been truly awful. I Remember Giro fondly and roll on Vuelta.

+1. Even this weekend looks like it will be likely quite boring. Weather forecast here is very hot - I was looking forward to staying inside and watching hour after hour of TdF on Saturday/Sunday. Not worth it, I'm afraid.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
They're getting close. Who will it be, Gesink or Cavendish?

You. God. ... Gesink 12th :eek: ... normally 11th if the peloton didn´t gave it away to Stybar...

Gesink (if continuing avoiding crashes) goes close to final T-10 CG

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
SeriousSam said:
They're getting close. Who will it be, Gesink or Cavendish?

You. God. ... Gesink 12th :eek: ... normally 11th if the peloton didn´t gave it away to Stybar...

Gesink (if continuing avoiding crashes) goes close to final T-10 CG

You jinxed it. He will now fall once per stage until he abandons before the Pyrenees. Either that or I agree it's end times before Paris.

Will Sagan ever win a tdf stage again? I don't particularly like him, in fact I'll actively root against him in most races, but my soft core is beginning to feel sorry for him. Say what you want, but getting the green jersey without a single stage win, has to feel like a hollow victory. And doing it again and again can't make it any better.

Re:

Punkan said:
Maybe Sagan's mistake was that he didn't stay closer to Stybar than he did. It was no shock that Stybar would try something like this.
The internets, man.

When Tinkoff-Saxo win, it's all about what Astana did wrong
When Astana win, it's all about what Sky did wrong
When Sky win, it's all about what Etixx did wrong
When Etixx-QS win, it's all about what Tinkoff did wrong

Yeah, maybe Sagan should've stayed on Stybar. At least that's an actual thing. But maybe Stybar wouldn't have gone for it with Sagan on his wheel, and Dege would've won handily ahead of Coquard, Sagan a distant fourth after yet another late sprint. Queue the wtf-was-Sagan-doing-boxing-himself-in-behind-Stybar stuffstorm.

Heartbroken for Tony, but great win for Zdenek, perfectly executed attack.

Catwhoorg said:
Catwhoorg said:
https://twitter.com/nedboulting/status/619192732624527364

For those asking why the apology...Nibali through a bidon at Froome. A case of mistaken identity.

Already been commented on, but Ned has back-tracked and no bidon was thrown.

A bidon was thrown. You can clearly see it being thrown by Nibali at Froome on the coverage. Froome is a gent though so he doesn't want Nibali to get in trouble for it. Should be a DQ.