• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 6: Abbeville-Le Havre 191.5km

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Re:

zapata said:
Will Sagan ever win a tdf stage again? I don't particularly like him, in fact I'll actively root against him in most races, but my soft core is beginning to feel sorry for him. Say what you want, but getting the green jersey without a single stage win, has to feel like a hollow victory. And doing it again and again can't make it any better.
Easy solution:again change pionts system(say for 1.place=100points and secon =10 pionts) or just don't let Sagan ride TDF :D.

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
Catwhoorg said:
Catwhoorg said:
https://twitter.com/nedboulting/status/619192732624527364

For those asking why the apology...Nibali through a bidon at Froome. A case of mistaken identity.

Already been commented on, but Ned has back-tracked and no bidon was thrown.

A bidon was thrown. You can clearly see it being thrown by Nibali at Froome on the coverage. Froome is a gent though so he doesn't want Nibali to get in trouble for it. Should be a DQ.

Could you point us to a video of the incident?

TMP402 said:
JRanton said:
Catwhoorg said:
Catwhoorg said:

For those asking why the apology...Nibali through a bidon at Froome. A case of mistaken identity.

A bidon was thrown. You can clearly see it being thrown by Nibali at Froome on the coverage. Froome is a gent though so he doesn't want Nibali to get in trouble for it. Should be a DQ.

1:46 on this video you see Nibali lobbing it at Froome: http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Then also watch about 7 seconds later. You can see Froome saying something to Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's feet.

Re:

Jagartrott said:
The prix combatif, why wasn't that given to the guy that rode ahead alone until 3 km to go? I thought he did a good job, actually.

While I agree with you, it would have been a recognition of the fact Quéméneur has been in the break every day I think and off the front for more than 400km already.

Re:

zapata said:
Will Sagan ever win a tdf stage again? I don't particularly like him, in fact I'll actively root against him in most races, but my soft core is beginning to feel sorry for him. Say what you want, but getting the green jersey without a single stage win, has to feel like a hollow victory. And doing it again and again can't make it any better.

In an odd way I'd rather win the green jersey and 0 stages than with 1.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink still avoided all mass falls. How is it possible?

Too bad he lost his climbing legs somewhere around 2011

I think he will do much better than most expects. He looks to be in shape and after the splendid TT it seems he has regained his power so I am very hopeful about Gesinks performance in the mountains! :)

JRanton said:
TMP402 said:
JRanton said:
Catwhoorg said:
Catwhoorg said:

1:46 on this video you see Nibali lobbing it at Froome: http://www.biciciclismo.com/es/tour-el-triunfo-de-stybar-y-la-caida-final-video-09-07-2015

Then also watch about 7 seconds later. You can see Froome saying something to Nibali and the bidon is just in front of Froome's feet.

Hmm not conclusive video for me. I don't quite see the bottle throwing or where Froome is...

No_Balls said:
rm7 said:
Valverdo COULD be reffering to the crash he had earlier in the stage, which no cameras caught. Just so everybody knows.

The bottom line is that where there is a Froome there is a problem. Nibali "mistook" the situation just so that he could remind Froome how he handles a bike and that people automatically assumes this. The same did Bala,

It is basically the will of the universe, karma, Santa Klaus, Lady fortune or whatever that have managed Froome to stay on the bike during two stages now.

I used to say Froome can't handle a bike as well, but I think he has proven us wrong by now.
We've seen him descent on wet roads just fine. He rode the cobbles just fine. He managed to stay up in tricky situations.
Yes he looks weird on the bike, but that doesn't mean he can't ride a bike. Sure he ain't the best bike handler, but certainly not the worst.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Nah man on the allos when nibali and contador will go full genius, froome won't follow. If he would he would fall in the first corner flat on his face.

Re:

Miburo said:
Nah man on the allos when nibali and contador will go full genius, froome won't follow. If he would he would fall in the first corner flat on his face.

Miburo said:
I don't think he has a thread yet. He deserves one, I like how he rides.

And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

He attacks when he can. And not an ***.

Anyway great rider and IMO the guy who is going to be the biggest challenge for Contador in the future GT's.

And he has a cute girlfriend, she doesn't know when to be quiet, still very nice :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site

JRanton said:
TMP402 said:
JRanton said:
Catwhoorg said:
Catwhoorg said:

Impressed with your capability to discern details. I can't make anything of that. :eek:

Walkman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink still avoided all mass falls. How is it possible?

Too bad he lost his climbing legs somewhere around 2011

I think he will do much better than most expects. He looks to be in shape and after the splendid TT it seems he has regained his power so I am very hopeful about Gesinks performance in the mountains! :)

I doubt it. Somewhere between 10th-20th position on mtf are to be expected. And he will drop early to ride his own pace and completely ignore the use slipstream.

Dog

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Well according to Ned Boulting, Chris Froome himself has dismissed the idea that a bidon was thrown at him. So that's that.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
American sports analogies being posted now? Time to close this thread.

Sorry, I didn't realize it was too much effort for some people just to skim along thru posts that occur after the stage is long since over.

Isn't there an ignore button? I know there used to be.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

DBotero said:
Miburo said:

Miburo said:
I don't think he has a thread yet. He deserves one, I like how he rides.

And he made fun of Wiggins in the tour, how can you not like him for that? lol

He attacks when he can. And not an ***.

Anyway great rider and IMO the guy who is going to be the biggest challenge for Contador in the future GT's.

And he has a cute girlfriend, she doesn't know when to be quiet, still very nice :D
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't see the issue, he can't descend and looks like a donkey on the bike. Did i ever say otherwise?

damian13ster said:
No_Balls said:
rm7 said:
Valverdo COULD be reffering to the crash he had earlier in the stage, which no cameras caught. Just so everybody knows.

The bottom line is that where there is a Froome there is a problem. Nibali "mistook" the situation just so that he would remind Froome how he handles a bike and that people automatically assumes this. The same did Bala,

It is basically the will of the universe, karma, Santa Klaus, Lady fortune or whatever that have managed Froome to stay on the bike during two stages now.

Or his bike skills/positionning?
It is 2nd stage in which someone actually threw themselves at Froome, yet he managed to stay upright.
What has to be done in order for people to believe that he can handle the bike just fine? Has to win a trial competition? Maybe BMX?

You have to ask Vincenzo Nibali. I did a correct observation:

On falling, Nibali’s first instinct was to assume that the crash had been Froome’s fault and as he picked himself off the tarmac on the Rue Georges Lafaurie, it appears that he was not at all shy in making his feelings known.

"I was really very angry. In the heat of the moment, I was very angry with him,” Nibali told reporters when he emerges from the Astana bus. “At the time, I thought he was the one who had hit me and caused the fall, but that wasn’t the case. I’ve watched the video since and I’ve seen that it was Tony Martin’s crash that brought us down. Froome came on the bus to clear things up and I apologised to him as well.

“I don’t know exactly what happened, I saw that there was a deviation from left to right, then I was pushed to the right and I hit Froome, who was on my right. I went down heavily, and Barguil fell on top of me, I think.”
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-nibali-and-froome-hold-impromptu-peace-talks-after-stage-6-crash

Bad habits seldom dies they say and the opinion of others sometimes hasnt to be true. Whats more important is that if it looks unnatural, risky or dangerous these are observations that eventually becomes truths.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

MikeTichondrius said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
SeriousSam said:
They're getting close. Who will it be, Gesink or Cavendish?

You. God. ... Gesink 12th :eek: ... normally 11th if the peloton didn´t gave it away to Stybar...

Gesink (if continuing avoiding crashes) goes close to final T-10 CG

You jinxed it. He will now fall once per stage until he abandons before the Pyrenees. Either that or I agree it's end times before Paris.

Dont worry I am not Ryo. So everything safe for Gesink-baby :)

No_Balls said:
rm7 said:

The bottom line is that where there is a Froome there is a problem. Nibali "mistook" the situation just so that he could remind Froome how he handles a bike and that people automatically assumes this. The same did Bala,

ahahhahah!
I bet you were impressed during the cobble stage. I loved how he raced and stayed on the front, while you were praying for a pucture, a crash, whatever, to cry "BAD BIKE HANDLER"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts