• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
Disappointing break. And Lotto chasing must mean Gallopin is feeling extremely well if they are also willing to give Sagan a tow to potentially points for green.

Apperently gallopin doesn't feel his legs, monstershape.

Re:

Flamin said:
Disappointing break. And Lotto chasing must mean Gallopin is feeling extremely well if they are also willing to give Sagan a tow to potentially points for green.
Surely the Mûr would be ridden slower if the break wins, and thus more likely for Sagan to take the sprint behind. However if the stage win is up for grabs, it could be ridden so hard that Sagan won't top-10.

Re: Re:

Netserk said:
Flamin said:
Surely the Mûr would be ridden slower if the break wins, and thus more likely for Sagan to take the sprint behind. However if the stage win is up for grabs, it could be ridden so hard that Sagan won't top-10.

Yeah but that's still a fairly big risk. It could be ridden hard, but it might as well won't. And I doubt those guys at Lotto have the thinking capacity to come up with a theory like yours :p

Flamin said:
Netserk said:
Flamin said:

Yeah but that's still a fairly big risk. It could be ridden hard, but it might as well won't. And I doubt those guys at Lotto have the thinking capacity to come up with a theory like yours :p
Yeah, I doubt that as well :D Lotto often chase when they shouldn't.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Didn´t even know that ARD brings TdF again... Only realized now that ESP needs to bring Moto-GP. That one I have in front of my house. They are loud, stinky, and thus ruin my ears, and nature... Really no need to show that crap on TV.

Re:

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Didn´t even know that ARD brings TdF again... Only realized now that ESP needs to bring Moto-GP. That one I have in front of my house. They are loud, stinky, and thus ruin my ears, and nature... Really no need to show that crap on TV.

Professional cycling is probably more polluting though.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Arnout said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

But not my ears. :eek:
Really guys you can´t imagine when those crazy sickos think a street is a race track. Just some two weeks ago one of this idiots died driving into a fence, basically in front of my eyes...

Anyway, now ARD is "happy" to talk about their favo theme: The clinic issues of Paolini. Still better than no cycling at all...

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Arnout said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Professional cycling is the most polluting sport in the world

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

No_Balls said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

You live nearby Sachsenring?

No, normal street between woods and sea. Perfect for those weekend race drivers to test their high speed "skills". I felt sorry for the guy who died when I saw all the different colours of blood coming out of his head and lung, even helped in emergency until ambulance came... But not anymore. I am just sick of them.

PremierAndrew said:
cellardoor said:
Hugo Koblet said:
huge said:
how the general classification would have looked like for the fab 4 if Nibali and Quintana hadn't lost that minute and a half on stage 2...

Froome 0:00
Nibali +10 secs
Quintana +28 secs
Contador +36 secs
And this is what the general classification would look like for the big 4 if Froome had done the ITT one minute faster:

Froome 0:00
Contador + 1 min 36 secs
Nibali + 2 mins 38 secs
Quintana +2 mins 56 secs

This is what the big 4 would look like if it was 2010:

Contador 0:00
Nibali: +2m
Froome: +1hr10m
Quintana (not born yet)

Nibali 0:00
Froome +1hr10m
Quintana (not born yet)
Contador DQ
:p
Your maths is off.

Happy dude said:
Arnout said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:

Professional cycling is the most polluting sport in the world

Something like NBA or MLB where the teams and their staff fly accross the North American continent several times a week and theres hundreds of games in the season. And then in the playoffs you can add the presspack to the equation and they go coast to coast to coast as one team hosts one game, then the other team hosts the other, then back again.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Two wrongs dont make a right Hitch. Btw, I live in Germany, not "gods own country"... No one needs moto racers. Cyclists otoh are quiet, enjoy the trees and landscape, and give a good view when they ride along our street.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
So is Saxo going to start making the race hard and drop some sprinters for Sagan before the intermediate sprint or are we going to slow spin all the way in to 15k?

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Pretty interesting situation now. The sprint trains that rode away for the intermediate are now apparently trying to stay away.

17 man group. Rolland is there.

TRENDING THREADS