• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour des Fjords 27-31/05 (2.1)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

fowlyetti said:
Is there any chance that anyone else will win another stage in this or is it going to be Kristoff every stage?
I kind of wish he'd skip these small races and let other riders have a chance at victory... I mean do these victories really mean anything to him.. he'll end the season with 30 victories but half of them will come from races with a pathetic sprint field.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
fowlyetti said:
Is there any chance that anyone else will win another stage in this or is it going to be Kristoff every stage?
I kind of wish he'd skip these small races and let other riders have a chance at victory... I mean do these victories really mean anything to him.. he'll end the season with 30 victories but half of them will come from races with a pathetic sprint field.
Of course it matters that he can win a lot in his home races.

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
fowlyetti said:

It's his home race. The upcoming stages are in his home city. He will never skip Tour des Fjords.

Netserk said:
LaFlorecita said:
fowlyetti said:
Of course it matters that he can win a lot in his home races.
Just seems like a meaningless way to boost his win count to me... the race just gets soooo boring and predictable. No point watching as the result is obvious anyway.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

He is brutally strong, I agree it almost seems unfair... But it's worth mentioning that much of the reason it came down to a sprint today was because Kristoff shut down the strongest moves on the final climb himself.

Balleballe said:
LaFlorecita said:
fowlyetti said:

It's his home race. The upcoming stages are in his home city. He will never skip Tour des Fjords.
I know. Just lamenting how boring he's making these otherwise quite interesting races.

Re:

fowlyetti said:
Tomorrow's stage is pretty hard and the only stage Kristoff has admitted he's worried about. If the other teams play their cards right they could certainly have a shot at getting rid of him, but probably not by enough to deny him the overall win.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Katusha was in problems very early on, a 17 man break with lots of Tinkoffs and Oricas got away after the first KOM, without anyone from Katusha. They had to chase hard, and according to Kristoff they wouldn't have caught them if not for Trek helping out. The peloton was split in several groups, and a big group never made it back. 10 DNF's.

Tomorrow there might not be any rain!

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site

Bushman said:
goggalor said:
Bushman said:
Søren Kragh wins the overall?
Don't think it's decided yet.

Forgot there is another stage. But it will be a sprint, right?
Not necessarily. Not many will want a pure sprint tomorrow, maybe not even Katusha since they have Haller in 2nd. There's a steep climb done twice on the finishing circuit which many riders will want to attack on.

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Very good stage today. Søren Kragh Andersen is a proper rider, I imagine the WT teams are lining up. Wouldn`t be surprised if Kristoff wins 4 out of 5 stages without taking the GC. Kind of cool in a way,

Re:

Pulp said:
Very good stage today. Søren Kragh Andersen is a proper rider, I imagine the WT teams are lining up. Wouldn`t be surprised if Kristoff wins 4 out of 5 stages without taking the GC. Kind of cool in a way,

Actually just today before the stage there was an article in Danish media, where the agent of Both Kragh brothers (who is also the agent of Kristoff and Bystrøm btw) said that he was negotiating with several WT teams.

goggalor said:
Bushman said:
goggalor said:
Bushman said:
Søren Kragh wins the overall?
Don't think it's decided yet.

Forgot there is another stage. But it will be a sprint, right?
Not necessarily. Not many will want a pure sprint tomorrow, maybe not even Katusha since they have Haller in 2nd. There's a steep climb done twice on the finishing circuit which many riders will want to attack on.

Alright, but that should favor Kragh in a duel with Haller, I think.

TRENDING THREADS