2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Campervan man said:
DBotero said:
I expect Ax 3 Domaines performance from Froome.

It's entirely possible that he will want to go all in to see how everyone else is in relation. Now after a rest day it could favour Contador, but I think unfortunately he will lose a minute. Nairo and TJ will be within 30 seconds or so. Nibali in front of Alberto just. There will be 3 trains trying to bash upwards from the bottom but the Sky one will be left longest. Thomas to come in with Alberto. If this was to happen then Nibali and Contador will have to try audacious attacks later on in week 3.
That would be way too 2013-y :eek: :(
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
1
0
Re:

capuldemetal said:
Let's start ' a what if ' game.what if the OTHER 3 will attack right from the bottom of the climb? one by one.
they won't be able to sustain that for the entire climb. Skytrain would slowly bring them back.

I think the only way to beat Dawg in this tour is some long range attack where he somehow gets isolated but that's a longshot obviously.
 
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Gaining time on your rivals and expending the energy necessary to win the stage are equivalent on a MTF. Besides, Froome appears to have an edge over his rivals now, so now is the time to capitalise.

Froome will go all out.
Bingo.

Froome wants to crush. He has wanted to all week. For him it is almost a feeling of "revenge" on last year. French journalist said so on podcast. There is an underlying "anger" and nastiness to froome - as there is with many sportsmen who dominate (think Jordan, think Armstrong). He will try and put this away. At least CoNtador and nibbles.

I expect Quintana to do very well.

If tjvg still has his climbing legs expect him to be one of the closest as sky train's rhythm actually feeds into his type of climbing.

I expect these three to show the first signs of the podium to be.

Or they could have a bad day... Such is the TDF.
 
Sep 19, 2013
345
0
0
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

LaFlorecita said:
Campervan man said:
DBotero said:
I expect Ax 3 Domaines performance from Froome.

It's entirely possible that he will want to go all in to see how everyone else is in relation. Now after a rest day it could favour Contador, but I think unfortunately he will lose a minute. Nairo and TJ will be within 30 seconds or so. Nibali in front of Alberto just. There will be 3 trains trying to bash upwards from the bottom but the Sky one will be left longest. Thomas to come in with Alberto. If this was to happen then Nibali and Contador will have to try audacious attacks later on in week 3.
That would be way too 2013-y :eek: :(
I know. Look it's just quite ridiculous how good Froome has improved again, his mentality is to go for the kill early on and his performance this week has been vicious. I want nothing more than 4-7 riders all within a minute or 2 by the end of the GC. But Sky/Froome are dominating things again. G's climbing form this year is shocking. I'd love Froome to lose time and will be sat watching after knocking off from work early. I hope it's not a disappointing 2km to go attack. Nibali attack early please.
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

its just a little bit frustrating that the ASO isn't able to put one single good climb in front of the mtf. Whatever, I think Froome will go thermo nuclear on tuesday and crush most of the gc riders. The only rider I can see following him is quintana (maybe also nibali because after last year I will never underestimate him again). I just hope none of the other teams will work because otherwise sky could have enough riders to make a sprint train up to "La Pierre Saint Martin".
 

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
964
0
0
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Gigs_98 said:
its just a little bit frustrating that the ASO isn't able to put one single good climb in front of the mtf. Whatever, I think Froome will go thermo nuclear on tuesday and crush most of the gc riders. The only rider I can see following him is quintana (maybe also nibali because after last year I will never underestimate him again). I just hope none of the other teams will work because otherwise sky could have enough riders to make a sprint train up to "La Pierre Saint Martin".
I also think it sucks, but you have to consider that the route almost actually was designed to make Froome loose time before this stage. People just have to give him credit for being in front at this stage where a lot of people thought he would either DNF or be minutes behind.

I just hope that Contador will let go if he can't follow, rather than try to follow everytime and blow up. I'm quite sure he can't follow Froome and Quintana at this point, but he should be able to limit his losses, that's his only real weakness.

I think Froome will try to go with 7-8k to go, because he'll fear that Contador will get better, and they will maybe attack him the day after on the ascent of Tourmalet.
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

rm7 said:
Gigs_98 said:
its just a little bit frustrating that the ASO isn't able to put one single good climb in front of the mtf. Whatever, I think Froome will go thermo nuclear on tuesday and crush most of the gc riders. The only rider I can see following him is quintana (maybe also nibali because after last year I will never underestimate him again). I just hope none of the other teams will work because otherwise sky could have enough riders to make a sprint train up to "La Pierre Saint Martin".
I also think it sucks, but you have to consider that the route almost actually was designed to make Froome loose time before this stage. People just have to give him credit for being in front at this stage where a lot of people thought he would either DNF or be minutes behind.

I just hope that Contador will let go if he can't follow, rather than try to follow everytime and blow up. I'm quite sure he can't follow Froome and Quintana at this point, but he should be able to limit his losses, that's his only real weakness.

I think Froome will try to go with 7-8k to go, because he'll fear that Contador will get better, and they will maybe attack him the day after on the ascent of Tourmalet.
Why should froome already have been minutes behind? A short ITT a TTT possible crosswind and three short uphill finishes. All of that suits him as good as the other big 4 if not even better. The only threat were the cobbles but to be honest the only gc contender who was expected to be much better there was nibali.

This is only a question and no negation to what you said, but I just want to know why everyone thinks AC will do great in the last week.
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

rm7 said:
I also think it sucks, but you have to consider that the route almost actually was designed to make Froome loose time before this stage. People just have to give him credit for being in front at this stage where a lot of people thought he would either DNF or be minutes behind.

I just hope that Contador will let go if he can't follow, rather than try to follow everytime and blow up. I'm quite sure he can't follow Froome and Quintana at this point, but he should be able to limit his losses, that's his only real weakness.

I think Froome will try to go with 7-8k to go, because he'll fear that Contador will get better, and they will maybe attack him the day after on the ascent of Tourmalet.
Really, if Froome goes with 8km to go, Contador can try to ride his own tempo all he likes, he will lose a bucket load of time anyway. :(
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Gigs_98 said:
This is only a question and no negation to what you said, but I just want to know why everyone thinks AC will do great in the last week.
Because both De Jongh and also Riis on Danish TV have said he wants to make the difference in the third week.
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Gigs_98 said:
rm7 said:
Gigs_98 said:
its just a little bit frustrating that the ASO isn't able to put one single good climb in front of the mtf. Whatever, I think Froome will go thermo nuclear on tuesday and crush most of the gc riders. The only rider I can see following him is quintana (maybe also nibali because after last year I will never underestimate him again). I just hope none of the other teams will work because otherwise sky could have enough riders to make a sprint train up to "La Pierre Saint Martin".
I also think it sucks, but you have to consider that the route almost actually was designed to make Froome loose time before this stage. People just have to give him credit for being in front at this stage where a lot of people thought he would either DNF or be minutes behind.

I just hope that Contador will let go if he can't follow, rather than try to follow everytime and blow up. I'm quite sure he can't follow Froome and Quintana at this point, but he should be able to limit his losses, that's his only real weakness.

I think Froome will try to go with 7-8k to go, because he'll fear that Contador will get better, and they will maybe attack him the day after on the ascent of Tourmalet.
Why should froome already have been minutes behind? A short ITT a TTT possible crosswind and three short uphill finishes. All of that suits him as good as the other big 4 if not even better. The only threat were the cobbles but to be honest the only gc contender who was expected to be much better there was nibali.

This is only a question and no negation to what you said, but I just want to know why everyone thinks AC will do great in the last week.
If things go right he is planning on finding better form in the 3rd week. But even he has said he isn't exactly sure how his form will be or how he will recover.
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Gigs_98 said:
its just a little bit frustrating that the ASO isn't able to put one single good climb in front of the mtf.
Relax. The Alps are the range for it this year.
And this is the first mountain stage of the race, coming after a rest day. An adequate design, I think.
My complains are that both the Alps and the Pyrenees are coming after the rest day. They should've made a sandwich of two mountain stages and a rest day at least in one of the ranges.
 
I think Quintana lays down the law here and those that can will try to follow. Too shallow at the upper end of the climb to make real differences. That will be for stage 11 with an attack over the top of Tourmalet and on the descent.

EDIT: It will be interesting to see which of the top contenders has a bad day. One of the contenders always has a bad after the first rest day....
 
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

I'm really looking forward to first big mountain stage of the race. The real race begins NOW. Pierre Saint Martin could result in significant time differences and I'm curious if Quintana and Nibali will be able to attack Froome. These two riders (with 2 minute loss) simply have to attack Alien in the Pyrenees if they want to win the race. Contador will be discovering how good he really is and could play it safe on the first mountain stage trying to ride with the best. Alien and his group will set a high tempo and will wait for a while for his rivals attacks. If nobody is able to attack then Chris will hit 120 rpms trying to crush their hopes on the first mountain day. And let's see how good TVG really is - strong showing in the Pyrenees will boost his podium chances.
 
Jul 21, 2012
9,860
1
0
Re:

Poursuivant said:
If Froome attacks, as everyone expects, it will surely be on one of those really steep sections.
I thought Froome usually likes the less steep sections so he can crank the washing machine up to max RPM.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY