• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Stage-1432646991.jpeg

3xXf1hd.jpg

Boring stage on paper. A weak break will go which will have 0.00001% chance to hold. Sky to take control on the MTF and shed the peloton down to about 10 riders before Dawg attacks and puts the tour away for good.

1. Dawg
2. Contador + 35
3. Quintana + 1.00

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Based on the profile, this stage ends with a climb, yes? Froome is the obvious pick for victory then.

Thinking breakaway myself. There's plenty of people far enough behind to not be a threat for the yellow and I don't think Sky wants to spent unneeded energy just to win a stage. Not unless they're sure Froome will wear the yellow in Paris, which is far from certain atm.

When it comes to the favourites I doubt 1 climb is enough to separate Contador/Froome/Quintana, and hopefully Nibali will be good enough to stay with them.

The thing to look for is whether one of the top 4 is not good enough, losing time, and which of the outsiders will be able to stay with the favourites.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Gaining time on your rivals and expending the energy necessary to win the stage are equivalent on a MTF. Besides, Froome appears to have an edge over his rivals now, so now is the time to capitalise.

Froome will go all out.

Inaccurate profile from TdF as usual. Cyclingcols or Climbbybike have better ones.

Pretenders will drop before Col du Labays. But a selected group will ride faster than a lone attacker in those 4 'easy' kms of open road exposed to the wind between Col de Labays and Col du Soudet. Don't expect a replay of Ax3, just a last km attack with 30sec gap between contenders.

very demanding climb. relatively gentle last 5k shouldn't confuse. that's like aprica after mortirolo, if you are fresh 4-5% are overcome like flat, if not...thats like mortirolo itself. froome to launch a huge out of saddle effort from 6-7 km to go. nairo to keep up with him. bertie, nibs and pinot to lose about 20-30sec

Re:

dacooley said:
very demanding climb. relatively gentle last 5k shouldn't confuse. that's like aprica after mortirolo, if you are fresh 4-5% are overcome like flat, if not...thats like mortirolo itself. froome to launch a huge out of saddle effort from 6-7 km to go. nairo to keep up with him. bertie, nibs and pinot to lose about 20-30sec
If Berto, Nibali and Pinot lose only 20-30s in 6-7km... big win for them! :eek:

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

DBotero said:
I expect Ax 3 Domaines performance from Froome.

It's entirely possible that he will want to go all in to see how everyone else is in relation. Now after a rest day it could favour Contador, but I think unfortunately he will lose a minute. Nairo and TJ will be within 30 seconds or so. Nibali in front of Alberto just. There will be 3 trains trying to bash upwards from the bottom but the Sky one will be left longest. Thomas to come in with Alberto. If this was to happen then Nibali and Contador will have to try audacious attacks later on in week 3.

TRENDING THREADS