• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Kwibus said:
There is no painface as cool as Purito's.
Talking about pain faces
CKEInPzWgAQs-2N.jpg

:p
and then you have Porte and Thomas reeling him in with a smile on their face :rolleyes:

Re:

Miburo said:
Gesink already had a top 5 in the tour, who cares?

He can win a stage in the tour which has been ages for the dutch no? People will remember that longer than a nr.8 in GC
I value a top 5 more than stage. maybe Alpe D'Huez. But even that. That's my opinion, you have yours!

That's my enjoyment every July ever since I started watching the Tour the France in the mountains in 1983. I value consistency very high. I love to see my fav riders in the mountains with the best day in day out. You would see the photos of the epic stages in the mountains with only the select riders. Don't know why but I like it better. :)

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
Talking about pain faces
CKEInPzWgAQs-2N.jpg

and then you have Porte and Thomas reeling him in with a smile on their face :rolleyes:

Actually I don't think that's a painface. Contador has a different painface.
This is more a mN on a mission face, allthough I had the feeling it was more to shed Froomes domestiques as he gave up really fast. It could also be because of the headwind and the fact that Porte was riding atleast as fast as he was. Mission impossible.

Escarabajo said:
Miburo said:
Gesink already had a top 5 in the tour, who cares?

He can win a stage in the tour which has been ages for the dutch no? People will remember that longer than a nr.8 in GC
I value a top 5 more than stage. maybe Alpe D'Huez. But even that. That's my opinion, you have yours!

That's my enjoyment every July ever since I started watching the Tour the France in the mountains in 1983. I value consistency very high. I love to see my fav riders in the mountains with the best day in day out. You would see the photos of the epic stages in the mountains with only the select riders. Don't know why but I like it better. :)

I'm with you all the way. For a young rider and for a rider like Gesink who is trying to return to his former level, only by proving to himself that he can once again consistently climb with his grand tour gc rivals will he know that he is back. Simply winning a stage from a break doesn't show that.

Kwibus said:
LaFlorecita said:
Kwibus said:
Talking about pain faces
CKEInPzWgAQs-2N.jpg

Actually I don't think that's a painface. Contador has a different painface.
This is more a mN on a mission face, allthough I had the feeling it was more to shed Froomes domestiques as he gave up really fast. It could also be because of the headwind and the fact that Porte was riding atleast as fast as he was. Mission impossible.

I didn't watch this stage live, but saw the highlights the following day and read most of the commentary on this thread. Not sure what people were expecting, but seemed like a good stage. Impressed to see guys like Contador and Nibali not throwing in the towel; mentally they still have some belief that they can do things in this Tour. I hope that they have good legs on stage 18; anything could still happen.

And as for stage 12, long range attacks were impossible, not just because it came only two days after Froome went Vroome, but because of the long valley roads between the climbs. Not conducive at all to a crazy Fuente De style attack. But the alps give the minor chance - still a chance - for something crazy to happen.

TRENDING THREADS