• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015-Volta Ciclista a Catalunya(2WT) 23-29.03

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
LaFlorecita said:
ray j willings said:
SeriousSam said:
Porte was strong, did drop Contador on the Queen stage after all, but yeah, without the crash, Valverde takes it. Porte with 2 stage races under his belt, bah. No justice in this world.

Saying Porte dropped Bertie on that stage is complete Nonsense. Bertie attacked and dropped Porte.
Bertie run out of steam in the last 300 yrds and Porte went past. That is not Dropping Bertie.

Porte was lucky Kiryienka was up there. There was a headwind and Kiryienka dragged Porte up to Berto while Berto had to face the wind on his own.

More posts like this that agree with me
You are right. AC chose the wrong tactics that day and probably would have beaten Porte with a little more patience. Overall, I do however think that it was justice that Porte won the race. I hate the result, but on the queen stage, he and AC was stronger than Valverde.

Red Rick said:
Pricey_sky said:
Red Rick said:
Lil' Richie's really lucky that Contador has no team and *** up tactically and that Valverde crashed. He didn't exactly win by being the best. PN was more impressive, but the competition there wasn't too great

Really lucky? He was still one of the strongest, just hasn't got the sprint that Valverde has. As we know you have to stay on your bike to be in contention, Valverde didn't. Plus you could easily argue the parcours was almost set up for Valverde anyway.

If Contador waits on the MTF they sprint it out for what eventually would have been the GC, that's pretty obvious to me.

No that is called attacking and being dropped in a counterattack.

Pricey_sky said:
Mr.White said:
Pricey_sky said:
Red Rick said:
Lil' Richie's really lucky that Contador has no team and *** up tactically and that Valverde crashed. He didn't exactly win by being the best. PN was more impressive, but the competition there wasn't too great

Really lucky? He was still one of the strongest, just hasn't got the sprint that Valverde has. As we know you have to stay on your bike to be in contention, Valverde didn't. Plus you could easily argue the parcours was almost set up for Valverde anyway.

Oh what a shame! Sprint is part of racing, you know... Yes, he was lucky, strong but lucky

Of course, but sometimes good to be the 2nd strongest and a little lucky. Another tick for Porte and this time against a much stronger field than PN.

It's called sport.

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Sky

It's been a while since I bothered looking at these forums, but it's still rather sad (and pathetic even) to see some peolpe still obsessing (=jealous rage) about why Sky are winning. They seem so determined to find something strange, and like to hope they might be able to show Chris Froome as anything but the gentleman and sportsman that he is .... along with the whole Sky team.

I think I'll leave it while before I bother to look again here. ... "Move along now .... Nothing to see here". Better to enjoy the real cycling and the impressive start to season by Sky.

Re: Sky

antmills said:
It's been a while since I bothered looking at these forums, but it's still rather sad (and pathetic even) to see some peolpe still obsessing (=jealous rage) about why Sky are winning. They seem so determined to find something strange, and like to hope they might be able to show Chris Froome as anything but the gentleman and sportsman that he is .... along with the whole Sky team.

I think I'll leave it while before I bother to look again here. ... "Move along now .... Nothing to see here". Better to enjoy the real cycling and the impressive start to season by Sky.
Fanboy detected.

LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

Why the implicit derogative? Quite odd, coming from the most frantic of fans.

BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

I'm sorry, my English is not so great, I have no idea what this means.

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

edit: nevermind.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

antmills said:

Yes please do because obviously if we don't all agree with your opinion then our different point of view is not valid.
I hate Sky and I have many reasons but one of the main reasons is that for 2 years of cycling when there was no healthy competition for Froome or Wiggo we witnessed without doubt some of the most boring racing ever and with Wiggins tour victory we saw the worst tour winner ever.
You obviously don't like my view or others but its a reality and it's not going away. By the way I was born in London Uk unlike Wiggo ir Froome which seems to upset some Sky fans when this fact is pointed out, its got nothing to do with nationality or any sort of bias.
I like excitement and flair and Sky stand for the opposite IMO and have the backing of a media organization that pollute the world with propaganda for their own profits and power gains.

LaFlorecita said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

People in glass houses and all that

LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

Very mature,coming from the most fanatic AC supporter :eek:

Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
Martin has accumulated a damn good palmarès out of being underestimated in situations like this, being the one to take a flyer and nobody willing to chase.

A rarity in that he's both very attack-minded and very tactically smart. Most high profile riders are one of the two at best. And for the most part there's a strong correlation between tactically astute riders and conservative ones.

ray j willings said:
antmills said:

Yes please do because obviously if we don't all agree with your opinion then our different point of view is not valid.
I hate Sky and I have many reasons but one of the main reasons is that for 2 years of cycling when there was no healthy competition for Froome or Wiggo we witnessed without doubt some of the most boring racing ever and with Wiggins tour victory we saw the worst tour winner ever.
You obviously don't like my view or others but its a reality and it's not going away. By the way I was born in London Uk unlike Wiggo ir Froome which seems to upset some Sky fans when this fact is pointed out, its got nothing to do with nationality or any sort of bias.
I like excitement and flair and Sky stand for the opposite IMO and have the backing of a media organization that pollute the world with propaganda for their own profits and power gains.

Being sponsored by a media company is no worse and probably better than a bank, a pharmaceutical company, a mining company, or a global oil company

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

del1962 said:
ray j willings said:
antmills said:

Being sponsored by a media company is no worse and probably better than a bank, a pharmaceutical company, a mining company, or a global oil company

Sky have installed a pay to view sports culture when sport used to be free. Sports like soccer/football now cost crazy money to go and watch live. If Sky get control of cycling the same thing will happen.
Plus they are a media cess pit of propaganda who's agenda is about money and power and a white wash of any
real news story that does not fit in with their ideals and goes against their aims.
They are just another version of Fox news. They would have no qualms about shi%%ing on your granny if it made a news story and profits,they then would slime their way out of it with a massive media white wash of disinformation which is the usual policy of such organisations and I do include the BBC and all the other mainstream kak that play the same game.
As for your point about the banks etc I can't disagree.

BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

Odd?? What's odd is you and your righteous indignation. You are no different than any of the "frantic fans" that you refer to. Look in the mirror.

Angliru said:
BigMac said:
LaFlorecita said:
antmills said:

Fanboy detected.

Odd?? What's odd is you and your righteous indignation. You are no different than any of the "frantic fans" that you refer to. Look in the mirror.

I am not angry, you on the other hand. But oh yes, I am very different. That was meant as singular, the rest of the frantic fans are whomever the reader wants them to be, but if the shoe fits you, by all means, wear it.

PS: Went to look myself in the mirror. God, I'm beautiful.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

Zinoviev Letter said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Martin has accumulated a damn good palmarès out of being underestimated in situations like this, being the one to take a flyer and nobody willing to chase.

A rarity in that he's both very attack-minded and very tactically smart. Most high profile riders are one of the two at best. And for the most part there's a strong correlation between tactically astute riders and conservative ones.

Normally, he's like a cycling ninja -- they don't see him until it's too late. IMO, he has to shoulder the blame for missing the split on the stage into Valls, though. He was thinking too far ahead and got caught out.

ray j willings said:
del1962 said:
ray j willings said:
antmills said:

Sky have installed a pay to view sports culture when sport used to be free. Sports like soccer/football now cost crazy money to go and watch live. If Sky get control of cycling the same thing will happen.
Plus they are a media cess pit of propaganda who's agenda is about money and power and a white wash of any
real news story that does not fit in with their ideals and goes against their aims.
They are just another version of Fox news. They would have no qualms about shi%%ing on your granny if it made a news story and profits,they then would slime their way out of it with a massive media white wash of disinformation which is the usual policy of such organisations and I do include the BBC and all the other mainstream kak that play the same game.
As for your point about the banks etc I can't disagree.

Somehow I knew you had an anti-Murdoch chip on your shoulder.

TRENDING THREADS