• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 10: Valencia > Castellón 146.6km

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

Puerto de l´Oronet, 3ª (km 29): 500 m – 6 km – 4,4 %
Desierto de las Palmas, 2ª (km 129,5): 420 m – 7,5 km – 5,4 %

bartolo.gif

(climbed until 7,5km mark so not the steep stuff)

The Alto del Desierto de las Palmas was also part of the Spanish national road race in 2011. It was ridden 3 times. Contador blew the race apart on the final ascent with only JJ Rojas able to follow him. They worked together well on the descent/flat to the finish, where Rojas outsprinted Contador.

Most likely a break FTW.

Re:

BigMac said:
Things likely to happen:

Gonçalves on the attack on las Palmas.

with Adam Hansen.

Giant have got the red jersey and the obvious favourite if it comes down to a sprint and I can see that they might prefer to get a guy in the break themselves.

I'll go for my default break option: Adam Hansen

Edit: I just noticed that they don't go all the way up that climb, which makes it much more Degenkolb friendly, so a hard day in front of Team Giant

Looks like Bilbao rested up today. Must be his turn to have a go in the break tomorrow for Caja Rural before the rest day. Perhaps he can go one better than Friday and bag a stage win this time.

My dream scenario is Txurruka to be in the break....merely as a bridge for Bilbao to strut his stuff :D

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Lindemann should try and get the KOM jersey today. Fraile will rest today to be right for Wednesday. Lindemann's chance to strike and get something else for Lotto.

Flamin said:
The Alto del Desierto de las Palmas was also part of the Spanish national road race in 2011. It was ridden 3 times. Contador blew the race apart on the final ascent with only JJ Rojas able to follow him. They worked together well on the descent/flat to the finish, where Rojas outsprinted Contador.

Most likely a break FTW.

fffff9fbeaeae00c150a2a8d5bcdb23b.png
:confused:

TRENDING THREADS