• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 10: Valencia > Castellón 146.6km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gigs_98 said:
The flat section at the end isnt as long as it looks on the profile. I doubt that a sprinter can take this stage --> break ftw

Plus now that Bouhanni, Sagan and Pelucchi are all out, there is only Giant that would probably work hard to reel in a breakaway. No way they will be able to catch a decent size break by themselves. Possibly Orica may work as well, but they have bigger things to focus on now with Chaves.

DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:
The flat section at the end isnt as long as it looks on the profile. I doubt that a sprinter can take this stage --> break ftw

Plus now that Bouhanni, Sagan and Pelucchi are all out, there is only Giant that would probably work hard to reel in a breakaway. No way they will be able to catch a decent size break by themselves. Possibly Orica may work as well, but they have bigger things to focus on now with Chaves.

I think now they will be as focused on Ewan as Chaves

Ruby United said:
DFA123 said:
Gigs_98 said:

I think now they will be as focused on Ewan as Chaves

That makes sense to me. I think most teams would take stage wins over a top 10 (and that might be tough, we'll have to wait and see).

Dario Cataldo, Matteo Montaguti, Sergio Henao, Carlos Verona, Riccardo Zoidl, Tiago Machado, Daniel Navarro, Peter Velits, Lawson Craddock, Rubén Plaza, Martijn Keizer, Luis León Sánchez, Lawrance Warbasse, Imanol Erviti, David Arroyo, Natnael Berhane, Jurgen Van den Broeck, Romain Hardy, Tsgabu Grmay, Andrey Amador, Pello Bilbao, Eduard Vorganov, Carlos Quintero, Maxime Monfort, Ian Boswell, Salvatore Puccio, Benjamin King, Kenny Elissonde, Stephen Cummings, Cameron Meyer, Amael Moinard, George Bennett, Darwin Atapuma, Ángel Madrazo, Mickael Cherel, Davide Villella, Rodolfo Torres.

Johannes Frohlinger, Jerome Cousin, que se ha quedado del grupo delantero, y Jay McCarthy viajan a 1'05"

El pelotón pierde 2'12".

Frohlinger and Craddock in the break for Giant.
Things just got complicated, but with Henao in the break too, Giant need to figure out whether they are willing to relinquish the lead. If this 40 man group gets over 3/4 minutes then they will stay away imo

Break team breakdown:

Team Sky: Sergio Henao, Ian Boswell, Salvatore Puccio
AG2R - La Mondiale: Matteo Montaguti, Mikael Cherel
Astana: Dario Cataldo, Luis León Sánchez
BMC: Peter Velits, Amael Moinard, Darwin Atapuma
Caja Rural: David Arroyo, Pello Bilbao, Ángel Madrazo,
Cofidis: Daniel Navarro, Romain Hardy
Colombia: Carlos Quintero, Rodolfo Torres
Etixx - Quick Step: Carlos Verona
FDJ: Kenny Elissonde
IAM Cycling: Lawrence Warbasse
Lampre - Merida: Rubén Plaza, Tsgabu Grmay