• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp 138k

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This stage was run as a sportive by jrod on this route that must have been hell, did anyone see any strava files for it?

I also im in favour of a break winning, these descents are going be tricky GC favourites won't race till late on I reckon. Outsiders I narrowed it down to about 6 of them to opt for myself.

Re:

manafana said:
This stage was run as a sportive by jrod on this route that must have been hell, did anyone see any strava files for it?

I also im in favour of a break winning, these descents are going be tricky GC favourites won't race till late on I reckon. Outsiders I narrowed it down to about 6 of them to opt for myself.

Who are the 6?

Re: Re:

Orbit501 said:
armchairclimber said:
Txurruka ftw. At least, I expect him to have a go from a long way out.

Yesterday he was struggling to even hang onto the peloton in the first furious part of the stage when that 40 man break was being established. No idea if he's ill or not, but unlike him.

Yet again I'm going for Bilbao as the man in green to animate the race. Could possibly be their KoM man if Fraile isn't strong enough to keep it. Gonclaves is their strongest rider in the race though it seems.

He said he has been ill but was hoping for improved form as he recovers. He had a hard day in the breakaway this week.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: 2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp

Gigs_98 said:
Was Gardeccia 11 really that great? I remember that stage but in my memory it was only okay.

oh yes it was, look at that profile

altimetria_15.jpg

Miburo said:
Gigs_98 said:
Was Gardeccia 11 really that great? I remember that stage but in my memory it was only okay.

altimetria_15.jpg
I also remembered the profile I just forgot that it was raced well. However I just started to watch the stage on youtube and Contador just attacked with about 58 kilometers to go although he has a huge advantage. I think I get your point now :D

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I hope for an exciting stage, but my gut says they all will be more interested in surviving. Shame Contador and Nibali are not here, then we would be guaranteed fireworks.

This is a very difficult stage to predict in my opinion. Froome, Quintana and Aru are the favorites for sure, but Rodriguez, Majka and Pozzovivo might all be up there as well if it comes down to the GC guys battling it out for the win.

However, I actually think that a break might snatch this one. Atapuma, Torres, Txurruka, Elissonde are my picks for today.

No_Balls said:
This stage will probably prove why to brutal stages wont be spectacular. But who knows if the predicted weather comes to frutition maybe even their hope of survival turns to ashes.

Froome admits it is the toughest stage he´d ever done.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-andorra-will-be-the-toughest-grand-tour-stage-ive-ever-done/
That doesnt surprise me, maybe stage 19 of the giro 2010 would have been on the same level but he wasnt able to ride it :rolleyes:

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Gigs_98 said:
Miburo said:
Gigs_98 said:

altimetria_15.jpg
I also remembered the profile I just forgot that it was raced well. However I just started to watch the stage on youtube and Contador just attacked with about 58 kilometers to go although he has a huge advantage. I think I get your point now :D

Contador was scared of nibali's descending so wanted an edge on him at the end of the climb, still a dumb move though.

And it was raining too and the stage was way longer.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
Springveldt said:
Not enough climbing for Quintana. Quintana needs a 100km MTT at a constant severe percentage (but not too severe, that would play into the hands of non-pure climbers like Froome, but also not too low, as that would play into the hands of non-pure climbers like Froome ) for his edge to come to the fore.
LMAO ... possibly the funniest thing I've read all year :)

TRENDING THREADS