• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp 138k

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

sir fly said:
Dumoulin will finish at the podium, by the looks of things.
Only the spot is uncertain.

No chance. There's no way he should be able to recover well enough with such tough consectuive mountain stages to come. Also, the longer he hangs around the top of the GC, the more he'll be taken as a serious threat and the others will actively look to drop him on the climbs.

Re: 2015 Vuelta Stage 11: Andorra la Vella>Cortals d'Encamp

Mikel Landa has just said in TVE that he has ignored the team orders today, and that he has chosen "to take his own liberty".

Also when asked that why of his bad performances past days, he has answered "today is the first day they have let me enjoy riding my byclicle". :eek:

Re: Re:

Brullnux said:
DFA123 said:
Really nicely set up with these time gaps between the main contenders.

Rodriguez and Aru have 1-2 minutes on Valverde and Majka - but the latter two are the stronger time triallists.
Not by that much though, they'll get back 1 minute but not more. Especially not Bala who looks not so good.

True, it depends how much of Valverde's struggles today were due to his injury, and whether he will be able to fully recover in the next few days. I think Majka is the real dark horse here. No spectacular results but looking very solid and with the potential to gain big time in the TT.

Stage
ClipboardSTAGE_zpsdfmedbon.jpg

GC
Clipboard_zpsqd4vvgob.jpg

Clipboard_zpsojqggh9f.jpg

KyoGrey said:
Mikel Landa has just said in TVE that he has ignored the team orders today, and that he has chosen "to take his own liberty".

Also when asked that why of his bad performances past days, he has answered "today is the first day they have let me enjoy riding my byclicle". :eek:

Bit of a childish attitude. He's paid to ride for the team not himself.

KyoGrey said:

That doesn't sound like a guy who is just waiting to work for Froome in the Tour.

Talking of Froome, he didn't lose enough time to aim for a breakaway win... but maybe enough time to create a gap from the favourites on the final climb of the days ahead.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site

KyoGrey said:

This is a guy who absolutely should not go to Sky then, if that's how he feels.

Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
sir fly said:
Dumoulin will finish at the podium, by the looks of things.
Only the spot is uncertain.

No chance. There's no way he should be able to recover well enough with such tough consectuive mountain stages to come. Also, the longer he hangs around the top of the GC, the more he'll be taken as a serious threat and the others will actively look to drop him on the climbs.
Those who can challenge him for the podium spot need to gain 5 minutes before the itt.
And he beat them all on the hardest mountain stage. Tall order.

KyoGrey said:

Thats the spirit Brailsford longs for :rolleyes:

Beech Mtn said:
KyoGrey said:

This is a guy who absolutely should not go to Sky then, if that's how he feels.

That was a seriously bad choice.

TRENDING THREADS