• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 6: Córdoba > Sierra de Cazorla 200.3km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
woodburn said:
Martin never disappoints.
You would think that he would learn. Why oh why does he always wait until it is too late on this type of finish?

He seems to be watching the other big favourites and then realising that the guy who has already gone is going to win, over and over again. Once he went he made up time on both Chaves and Dumoulin very quickly, but what use is that?

Capture.JPG

Re: Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
shalgo said:
woodburn said:
Martin never disappoints.
You would think that he would learn. Why oh why does he always wait until it is too late on this type of finish?

He seems to be watching the other big favourites and then realising that the guy who has already gone is going to win, over and over again.

He tried to follow Chaves on Caminito del Rey but couldn't. No wonder he waited and hoped for Chaves to blow up this time.

Collective brainfart again. I'm usually not the type to go after cyclists but good lord. How do you let Chaves ride away like that, and look at each others instead. It's not like he's a nobody anymore. Dan Martin, as much as I like him, proving himself not to be the smart rider everyone thinks he is. One can only think he mistimes it on purpose. Props to Lawson Craddock on driving the sheeple up the first half of the climb and setting up a Dumoulin attack.

Painful to watch. Congrats to Chaves, Orica dominates first weeks of GT's.

Re:

Rollthedice said:
Grande Chavez. Valverde doesn't care, he wants the overall. Domoulin is a surprise. Katusha and Purito low profile.

I think he simply isn't strong enough. If he's thinking about the overall, and he certainly is, this kind of finish is a missed opportunity for him. Those bonus seconds really add up quickly.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
DBotero said:
Chavez again,he's really flying at the moment.Impressive ride for Dumoulin too.Another missed opportunity for Valverde&J.Rod.

This is not an missed opportunity for Jrod. Look at how mant riders finish together. This is just a Bala-finish. Not steep enough for Purito.

Good decision by Katusha to let the boni's (and win) grab by some outsiders. A win by Bala would be the most worst outcome.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
I mean that seriously, I can imagine that Dumoulin wins the vuelta. He climbs extremely well, he is a better TT rider than any other gc contender and he has already a decent advantage on guys like Aru

LMAO