• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016, 70th Tour de Romandie, April 26th - May 1st, WT

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Capture.JPG

Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Bushman said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Isaak-Gabriel said:
For tomorrow and Saturday it doesn't smell good. A TTist can win Romandie if the 2 mountain stages are cancelled.
Like virtually always, you mean.

Yup, Zakarin and afrime only won the last couple of editions due to their tt :rolleyes:
When was the last time Romandie was won by a poor time trialist? 1990s? 1980s?

Unlike other races, Romandie does not give bad TT'ers a chance to recoup their losses in the mountains.

But which one week stage races does that? Probably only Tirreno-Adriatico to an extent and Tour de Suisse this year. It's about balance, especially in week long stage races.

You're probably not wrong when saying past winners of Romandie has been good tt'ers but most of the time they have been good climbers too.

HelloDolly said:
Kwibus said:
HelloDolly said:
Really surprised that Ben Swift & Mikkel Kwaito were dropped....I mean they were not exactly working on the front ? Pity for Swift as he could do with a win

It's time for a rest period.

I said that about Kwait before LBL and got shot down on here ...The thing is if he trialing for the Tour he needs to be on his way up now...

In 2014 Kwia did 24 days b4 Romandie when he was exhausted, this year only 16 days racing

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Kwibus said:
HelloDolly said:
Really surprised that Ben Swift & Mikkel Kwaito were dropped....I mean they were not exactly working on the front ? Pity for Swift as he could do with a win

It's time for a rest period.

I said that about Kwait before LBL and got shot down on here ...The thing is if he trialing for the Tour he needs to be on his way up now...
Geraint was also dropped like a stone on the first road stage of the 2015 TdR (he finished over 4min behind Albasini), you never know.