• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Bretagne Classic Ouest-France (GP Plouay) - 247k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
maltiv said:
PremierAndrew said:
Refreshing to see a break stay away like that in a one day race
Not really if you noticed why they stayed away...

why did they stay away?
Because they were getting paced by the motorbike. It was way too close at all times.

Just ridiculous to see 3 random guys not losing any time whatsoever leading into a climb when the peloton was going full gas.

You have to be one hell of cold hearted chap to blatantly refuse to take a single pull in like 10km's by shaking your head, bully your opponent to dragging you to the line, raze him on the sprint (because he was obviously tired), and celebrate like it was one for the trading cards. Gutted for Bettiol. Even if he ended up not winning, he didn't deserve the humiliation.

Re:

BigMac said:
You have to be one hell of cold hearted chap to blatantly refuse to take a single pull in like 10km's by shaking your head, bully your opponent to dragging you to the line, raze him on the sprint (because he was obviously tired), and celebrate like it was one for the trading cards. Gutted for Bettiol. Even if he ended up not winning, he didn't deserve the humiliation.

Naesen worked plenty.

TMP402 said:
BigMac said:

Naesen worked plenty.

Didn't see him one time in the front after Ty Marrec. Maybe I was too focused on the peloton but I really don't think so.

BigMac said:
TMP402 said:
BigMac said:

Naesen worked plenty.

Didn't see him one time in the front after Ty Marrec. Maybe I was too focused on the peloton but I really don't think so.

Well, I posted on the last page that I thought he was working too much. Maybe he laid off the effort in the last few kms - I didn't notice that - but he worked today.

Re:

BigMac said:

What? Naessen was pulling A LOT until the final 1.2k

PremierAndrew said:
BigMac said:

What? Naessen was pulling A LOT until the final 1.2k

He worked hard and then played it smart, so I really don't get why people are saying he didn't earn this victory

Re:

BigMac said:
You are totally wrong.

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re:

BigMac said:
give that guy a break, it was his first important victory. and he worked a lot. of course he celebrated.

As a side note, it was the first time that the race wasn't a full circuit.
bretagne-classic-ouest-france-2016-1472035875.png

Bettiol was the strongest and drove the breakaway between 20km and 10km - Pacing was shared equally in the last 10km - Matthews should have continued his attack and so be it if he brings 5 or 6 across - At least you reach the breakaway giving you a chance to sprint for the win.

Saw only the last 15 from Youtube, but Naesen seemed to take the biggest turns in that part until the last climb, saw Bettiol skipping turn also so to me i felt Naesen was the strongest and smartest.