• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Critérium du Dauphiné, 2.UWT, June 5-12

Page 30 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
We saw Froome improve a lot throughout the Dauphine last year, he will be fine. He hasn't raced as much and Sky won't be worried at all. They are going to smash the other teams in the mountains, they have 5 in top 20.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
This is the sort of performance from Lil'Richie here that riders like Aru and Pinot just haven't shown they're capable of, and is why he is in a tier with them for the Tour despite his lacking consistency

Re:

SeriousSam said:
This is the sort of performance from Lil'Richie here that riders like Aru and Pinot just haven't shown they're capable of, and is why he is in a tier with them for the Tour despite his lacking consistency
I'm not sure why people continue to class Porte as a potential GT rider. He clearly should be bracketed alongside riders like Spilak and Rui Costa - who are superb week long races, but nowhere near good enough over three weeks.

I really hope Sky will try a more agressive strategy throughout the stages to attack and isolate Contador instead of isolating him by burning their own men. I want Froome to win, but with Contador ahead of them, it bodes well for exciting racing.

Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
StryderHells said:
Cance > TheRest said:
LRP surprisingly good
Not surprising at all, he is a quality one week stage racer and I expected him to do well here, then the usual rubbish hype will start for the Tour then LRP will fall apart at some stage over the 3 weeks
Thanks, I'm aware of Porte's record. I expected him to be in top 5 today, but not to beat Froome.

Froome is really delaying his peak like last year, so it's not that much of a surprise that he was beaten by Porte. The only big surprise for me was Pinot's performance. Very disappointing from him.

I wouldn't be shocked if Poels is Sky's leader for the Dauphine

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Re:

ILovecycling said:
LMAOOO Alberto said its not that big surprise that he beat Froome :D :D
Dude honestly noone else is either besides the deluded Froome fans, Froome has never beaten Contador besides when Contador have riden the Giro first. Look Vuelta Contador beat him there too on equal terms so no surprise to anyone.

Re:

SeriousSam said:

The problem is he still has to show he's good in 3 weeks like the others did. If he is able to do that then he's a threat to anyone.

Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Cance > TheRest said:
StryderHells said:
Cance > TheRest said:
LRP surprisingly good
Not surprising at all, he is a quality one week stage racer and I expected him to do well here, then the usual rubbish hype will start for the Tour then LRP will fall apart at some stage over the 3 weeks
Thanks, I'm aware of Porte's record. I expected him to be in top 5 today, but not to beat Froome.

Froome is really delaying his peak like last year, so it's not that much of a surprise that he was beaten by Porte. The only big surprise for me was Pinot's performance. Very disappointing from him.

Froome fans hope is, whether that's the case remains to be seen.