• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km MTT

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rehy90 said:
Cycling is going to lose if this Foliforov guy wins today
24yo, formerly top 5 of l'Avenir. Was in the Nibs/Piti group on Friday and lost 24 mins yesterday. Gazprom have obviously targeted this stage with Firsanov up in the top 5 too.
But still, you know...
I know. I'm surprised too. But while he's done very little at WT level to date, he didn't just emerge at this age like Zakarin did (Zaka broke out with Rusvelo for a season beasting Eastern European races before his explosion of form in April last year with País Vasco and Romandie).

Now, the question of the justification of inviting Gazprom is obviously justified with the likes of Androni omitted, and they had been very quiet, but as I said, obviously they isolated this stage as one they can do well in. I certainly didn't think it would be as I thought they'd be best looking for a breakaway stage, but clearly I was wrong.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

Kokoso said:
Libertine Seguros said:
rehy90 said:
Cycling is going to lose if this Foliforov guy wins today
24yo, formerly top 5 of l'Avenir. Was in the Nibs/Piti group on Friday and lost 24 mins yesterday. Gazprom have obviously targeted this stage with Firsanov up in the top 5 too.
But still, you know...
Last year he bet Firsanov by 1'28" in the GP of Sochi uphill ITT, 1min faster than the 2nd, he's obviously a great climber who already had great results as an U23 rider.

TRENDING THREADS