• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 11 Modena - Asolo 227 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Nirvana said:
On Raisport they said that Dumoulin retired.
It was the right thing to do.

I think the same...I dont understand why Uran keep last year instead prepare properly TdF

The break is getting too much time as expected and now they are the favourites for the stage...Sprinter teams dont rely to pass that wall...
Because uran knew that he had zero chances to even make top 10

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Guys, it's still like 90km to go, the break consists of three men who can't climb and the finale has a 3km @ almost 9% climb. Of course they will be caught easily if there is a serious attempt to catch them. People who are saying Greipel or Demare or break are underestimating this stage. Look at the profile of the climb, it's 2km @ 8,1% and then 900 meters @ 10%. If that's raced seriously, there's no way sprinters will survive and they can take a lot of time on a tired three men break of none climbers.

Of course maybe the racing is crap or they give too much time to the break, it's possible, but with normal racing this is for guys like Ulissi or Valverde in a sprint from a select group or for some attacker like, say, Wellens.

Re:

Maaaaaaaarten said:
Guys, it's still like 90km to go, the break consists of three men who can't climb and the finale has a 3km @ almost 9% climb. Of course they will be caught easily if there is a serious attempt to catch them. People who are saying Greipel or Demare or break are underestimating this stage. Look at the profile of the climb, it's 2km @ 8,1% and then 900 meters @ 10%. If that's raced seriously, there's no way sprinters will survive and they can take a lot of time on a tired three men break of none climbers.

Of course maybe the racing is crap or they give too much time to the break, it's possible, but with normal racing this is for guys like Ulissi or Valverde in a sprint from a select group or for some attacker like, say, Wellens.
Unless Demare is in 'Cipressa'-shape :p
But yes, I agree about the sprinters not having a big chance, though I still think Nizzolo and Sbaragli might make it over those climbs.

carolina said:
Krokro said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Krokro said:
What happened to TomDum ?
Abandon.

Sry I meant why did he abandon. Thanks guys. Less and less competition for Nibbs !

dumoulin lost more then 10 minutes yesterday

Yeah I have been surprised but I did not dig the exact reason. Now I understand how he could lose so much time on an average/medium difficulty stage. Too bad for him..

Krokro said:
carolina said:
Krokro said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Krokro said:
What happened to TomDum ?
Abandon.

Sry I meant why did he abandon. Thanks guys. Less and less competition for Nibbs !

dumoulin lost more then 10 minutes yesterday

Yeah I have been surprised but I did not dig the exact reason. Now I understand how he could lose so much time on an average/medium difficulty stage. Too bad for him..

He has saddles sores. Those can be a problem when you have to sit on the bike for hours and hours.

TRENDING THREADS