• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 200km

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
10€ for 100 on Ulissi. *** hell I thought he would be caught with 6kms left. Thank god they left one Bardiani guy do all the work until almost the last km.

I don't believe in Dumoulins GC ambitions this Giro. He has none really and maybe he just tried to win the stage or get some extra seconds to wear some more pink this giro.
He actually had a gap to close at the top of the climb, allthough a small one. I don't think he climbs good enough this Giro, but we'll see. He's going to wear a lot of pink though.

Re:

b.broadhurst said:
I don't understand Sky, it seems when Froome is not in the team then the tactics are totally different.

If this was the Tour then Sky would have led into the final climb, instead Landa nearly gets left behind.

They don't have riders the quality of Rowe, Stannard, Kyrienka, Thomas etc, Roche/knees are playing the flat domestiques here

Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 4 Catanzaro – Praia a Mare 20

Valv.Piti said:
jaylew said:
BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
I honour my sweaty sunday jersey better than Kittel honours pink.

Such bs. Look at the first group.
He had no chance.

Do you think I expected him to be in the first group? Between that and strolling and cheering in the gruppetto while doning rosa there's a huge gap.
Nonsense. Kittel didn't dishonor the jersey at all.

Agreed, what is this agenda. Kittel really, really tried today, he is no climber. I can't believe what some people write here sometimes..

Totally agree!!! The fact that he chased back on when he did get dropped on that last cat climb is showing respect to the jersey

Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:

He had no chance.

Do you think I expected him to be in the first group? Between that and strolling and cheering in the gruppetto while doning rosa there's a huge gap.

Lol...what do you expect.
Such nonsense this. This is just silly hating

That he wasn't throwing a party in the autobus while wearing that jersey. But if he doesn't want it, it's not his fault he was given the opportunity to wear it in the first place.

Re:

Kwibus said:
I don't believe in Dumoulins GC ambitions this Giro. He has none really and maybe he just tried to win the stage or get some extra seconds to wear some more pink this giro.
He actually had a gap to close at the top of the climb, allthough a small one. I don't think he climbs good enough this Giro, but we'll see. He's going to wear a lot of pink though.

There isn't much difficult climbing this Giro so you never know. We will know a lot more after the Chianti TT.

Re:

Kwibus said:
Yeah he wont be inside the top 10 by the end of the race so is hanging onto Pink for as long as possible and trying for stage wins

Re: Re:

b.broadhurst said:
Kwibus said:

There isn't much difficult climbing this Giro so you never know. We will know a lot more after the Chianti TT.

He did absolutely no Altitude training leading into the race and if you are going to finish high in a GT these days you have to do that, he also weighs 4 or 5 kg's more than the Vuelta

TomLPC said:
b.broadhurst said:
I don't understand Sky, it seems when Froome is not in the team then the tactics are totally different.

If this was the Tour then Sky would have led into the final climb, instead Landa nearly gets left behind.

They don't have riders the quality of Rowe, Stannard, Kyrienka, Thomas etc, Roche/knees are playing the flat domestiques here

No different to Movistar in the gap of quality. Movi don't have Castrovejo, Erviti, Izagirrex2, Herrada etc.

Kwibus said:
Billie said:
Dan Lloyd interviewing Diego Ulissi in English for RCS in il Giro. What a farce :rolleyes: :eek:

No. That's just the short interview for the international broadcast.
He'll get his italian interview for RAI, don't worry.

This has been happening for a while now in all big cycling races.

In most races the winner is interviewed in his preferred language and after that the interviewer asks him some questions in english for the broad audience.

Here Lloyd asks questions in English ( for a good part to riders who don't even speak english) and the rider halfly understood it and answers in either average english or in his own language which means Lloyd doesn't even understands him so there is need for a tolk. It takes the personal band between interviewer and interviewee away and thus takes all the emotion out of the interview. But the point of the flash interview is generally to show the winners emotion.

It shouldn't be that hard to find an actual journalist that speaks couple different languages (think Italian, English, Spanish and French).

StryderHells said:
b.broadhurst said:
Kwibus said:

He did absolutely no Altitude training leading into the race and if you are going to finish high in a GT these days you have to do that, he also weighs 4 or 5 kg's more than the Vuelta

He did none before the Vuelta as well apparently. Who knows what his actual weight his. Could just want no pressure, same approach as Vuelta 15.

Billie said:
Kwibus said:
Billie said:
Dan Lloyd interviewing Diego Ulissi in English for RCS in il Giro. What a farce :rolleyes: :eek:

No. That's just the short interview for the international broadcast.
He'll get his italian interview for RAI, don't worry.

This has been happening for a while now in all big cycling races.

In most races the winner is interviewed in his preferred language and after that the interviewer asks him some questions in english for the broad audience.

Here Lloyd asks questions in English ( for a good part to riders who don't even speak english) and the rider halfly understood it and answers in either average english or in his own language which means Lloyd doesn't even understands him so there is need for a tolk. It takes the personal band between interviewer and interviewee away and thus takes all the emotion out of the interview. But the point of the flash interview is generally to show the winners emotion.

It shouldn't be that hard to find an actual journalist that speaks couple different languages (think Italian, English, Spanish and French).

Eurosport had one. Italian guy, I think? Could speak at least English, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese other than his mother tongue.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Billie said:
Mayomaniac said:
I only watched the final 3km, did Preidler attack ealier or was he albe to stay with the favourites?

he was in a group ahead with Ulissi and Pirazzi amonst others
Now Major Tom is saying that he'd have loved to see Preidler in the leaders jersey.

BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:
Kwibus said:
BigMac said:

He had no chance.

Lol...what do you expect.
Such nonsense this. This is just silly hating

That he wasn't throwing a party in the autobus while wearing that jersey. But if he doesn't want it, it's not his fault he was given the opportunity to wear it in the first place.

You are obviously the only person with this opinion. So enjoy it.

TRENDING THREADS