• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro stage 1: Apeldoorn - Apeldoorn, 9.8 km ITT

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who is gonna win stage 1?

• Kung

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Jungels

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Cancellara

Votes: 40 37.4%
  • Van Emden

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

bajbar said:
DenisMenchov said:
Majka just 2 seconds faster than Landa...

What happened to his TT. He was 4th in the long Giro TT two years ago... (and better than Contador in Paris Nice prologue this year...)
Today, whenever the camera was on him, he just looked too timid. Probably lost 3-4 seconds on every corner, given how much he was slowing down.

Perhaps he's had a crash recently in training and is lacking a bit of confidence in his handling.

Re: Re:

bajbar said:
DenisMenchov said:
Majka just 2 seconds faster than Landa...

What happened to his TT. He was 4th in the long Giro TT two years ago... (and better than Contador in Paris Nice prologue this year...)

Nothing happened. In a pre-race interview he said that he still needs couple of days to get the legs moving after training camp and that he won't be peaking until 2nd part of the race. In great shape he would be around Valverde, so 15s difference max. Not a big deal. I don't expect much from him in Giro. He doesn't like cold and won't perform well in the conditions riders are likely to face in 3rd week. I will be happy with top 5 here, ecstatic with top 3

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Kokoso said:
Of course, Nibali is doing another miraculous jump in form. God how I hate Astana. Vincenzo, leave that team and his please.

Was good at the Tour prologue too but then at PSM it emerged he couldn't climb

Re:

Kokoso said:
Of course, Nibali is doing another miraculous jump in form. God how I hate Astana. Vincenzo, leave that team and his please.
It's only really a jump in form because he was so awful at Trentino. He was excellent in Oman and was kind of robbed by the route change at Tirreno.

He's shown a lot more already this season than he did pre TdF last year.

TRENDING THREADS