• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Omloop het Nieuwsblad, Feb 27th, 200.8km, 1.HC

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kwibus said:
Echoes said:
Scarponi said:
So you prefer they interview in a language some people can understand then one a majority have a minor grasp of or did I get this wrong

In Belgium, the majority speaks Dutch. If you interview Greg in a foreign language, then why English and not French, Italian or Swahili?

oh come on.... In every internatiol race there are always a few questions in english so other nations can show them on tele. Happens everywhere.....

You do realize this is one of those type of issues that is hard to discuss with Echoes rationally. He has strong opinions about these types of things

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Echoes said:
Scarponi said:
So you prefer they interview in a language some people can understand then one a majority have a minor grasp of or did I get this wrong

In Belgium, the majority speaks Dutch. If you interview Greg in a foreign language, then why English and not French, Italian or Swahili?

No, they speak Flemish. :p

Cannibal72 said:
Echoes said:
Scarponi said:

No, they speak Flemish. :p

You are right.

I think this is right too: "Official Languages: French, Dutch and German. Wallon, the local variant of French, is used by 33% of population. Flemish is used by more than 60% of the population, and is spoken in the northern part of the country. The languages learned at school are officially labelled French and Dutch." (BBC)