• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 1: Mont-Saint-Michel → Utah Beach (188km)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seemed like Cancellara and some Katusha riders slowed the peloton, but I wonder what happened before that. From Marcus Burghardt's twitter account:

Stage 1 @LeTour and already the peloton didn't wait when a GC rider @albertocontador crashed.When will this stop?We all sit in the same boat

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Looks like it was Contador that brought the others dwon not the other way round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwZoTGhDyk

Luke Rowe very slow to adjust his line
Yep, hard to see though if it's a slip of the wheel or if Bookwalter touches his rear wheel. Either way looks like a very hard hit, he really smashed into that curb with his shoulder.

I noticed Rowe too, amazing how he ends up in that crash :p

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 1: Mont-Saint-Michel → Utah Beach (188km

f9ed24b9bb5b33c48a483dac924fa1d6.png

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
HelloDolly said:
Looks like it was Contador that brought the others dwon not the other way round

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLwZoTGhDyk

Luke Rowe very slow to adjust his line
Yep, hard to see though if it's a slip of the wheel or if Bookwalter touches his rear wheel. Either way looks like a very hard hit, he really smashed into that curb with his shoulder.

I noticed Rowe too, amazing how he ends up in that crash :p
Ridiculous from Rowe. He could have easily have avoided it if he hadn't braked so hard, but he ended up just locking his wheel. :eek: Probably gave Contador another couple of bruises by piling into him like that as well.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
It seemed like Cancellara and some Katusha riders slowed the peloton, but I wonder what happened before that. From Marcus Burghardt's twitter account:

Stage 1 @LeTour and already the peloton didn't wait when a GC rider @albertocontador crashed.When will this stop?We all sit in the same boat

CmX4NU8WcAUTC4U.png

Exclamation mark is where Contador crashed

Re:

LaFlorecita said:

Lol Burghardt.

Re:

LaFlorecita said:

It was racing at the time. Can't blame Cannondale and others.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
One thing is to not stop riding but another thing is to go super crazy in a complete flat stage which is what movistar loves to do.

Aprica stage last year, i completely understood it.

Re:

Miburo said:
One thing is to not stop riding but another thing is to go super crazy in a complete flat stage which is what movistar loves to do.

Aprica stage last year, i completely understood it.

Holy, you hate Movistar. *** like that have happened to them way more often and it was not like they went full gas after the fact, they were there already and after a few minutes, they slowed down.

Anyways, since it was his own fault in the crash, do you expect them to wait? This was a lucky punch since 1) he didn't get more hurt and 2) Cancellara stopped and the wind didn't seem strong enough. Otherwise, disaster and completely failure, GC out. Be grateful instead, lol.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Movistar does it always and you know it. They also tend to ruin the race so piti can get a podium.

Hey you can like the team, idc but don't be in denial. I don't see you as such a man.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated Bike Handling Power Rankings Amongst GC Riders

Tier 1: Nibali, Valverde, Bardet
Tier 2: Froome, Quintana, Aru, Porte, Pinot, etc
Tier 3: Contador, Zakarin

Re:

Miburo said:
Movistar does it always and you know it. They also tend to ruin the race so piti can get a podium.

Hey you can like the team, idc but don't be in denial. I don't see you as such a man.
So my manhood comes into question now that I support and team and you don't? Remember the crosswinds in 2013?

Contador could have lost his Tour after a stupid mistake like in 2014, he was lucky he didn't. No you are sitting here bullshitting Movistar like crazy for no reason. Get a grip.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Updated Bike Handling Power Rankings Amongst GC Riders

Tier 1: Nibali, Valverde, Bardet
Tier 2: Froome, Quintana, Aru, Porte, Pinot, etc
Tier 3: Contador, Zakarin

Agree, Contador seems to be crashing all over the floor recently. Whether thats because he has become a worse bike handler or because he takes more chances, I dno.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Miburo said:

So my manhood comes into question now that I support and team and you don't? Remember the crosswinds in 2013?

Contador could have lost his Tour after a stupid mistake like in 2014, he was lucky he didn't. No you are sitting here ****** Movistar like crazy for no reason. Get a grip.

Movistar was making moves to ride cause Contador crashed. Just admit, they love doing it.

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 1: Mont-Saint-Michel → Utah Beach (188km

If the racing was one (read echelons and people being dropped) then I don't blame anyone for racing on, but to be fair I'm happy they did. Most of all because it's Contador, but I would think the same if Froome or Quintana was on the floor.

It does look like Contador crashed himself indeed. Doesn't change much, because what if Brookwalter caused it.... Doesn't matter.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Miburo said:
Valv.Piti said:
Miburo said:

Contador could have lost his Tour after a stupid mistake like in 2014, he was lucky he didn't. No you are sitting here ****** Movistar like crazy for no reason. Get a grip.

Movistar was making moves to ride cause Contador crashed. Just admit, they love doing it.

N, they don't love that, and they're not doing it. In fact I remember couple of cases when others do that to them, like in Vuelta 2012, or Tour 2013. If they wanted to ride today, nobody would stop them, including freaking Cancellara!