• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 10: Escaldes-Engordany → Revel (197km)

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Martin said:
I dont know if someonewrote it before, but for me the strangest thing in this stage was Tommy V nailing the front of peloton, he was able to rip of almost two minutes from the break's advantage. I still dont understand that, why did he do it? They had "sitting bull" Chavanel in the front. Did they believe in Coquard's victory? The result of his effort was (I believe it was one of the reasons) Sagan's attack at the crosswind section, who split the front group and suddenly Chava lost the stage. More shocking to me, at this moment, Tommy V and the rest of his team pulled of the front of peloton. And we never saw Chava do a turn in a second group. What kind of tactics did Direct energie play in this stage?

Yes, surely for Coquard. I think they've got every reason to believe in him - he's surely not far away from snagging his first stage, especially now that everyone is more tired.

The problem was the quality of the break. There was serious horsepower and quality there - I think Direct Energie had every right to give up the chase too....

And maybe you can tell me what IAM were doing on the front of the peloton.....Other than advertising the brand, I couldn't work it out.

The Hegelian said:
Martin said:
I dont know if someonewrote it before, but for me the strangest thing in this stage was Tommy V nailing the front of peloton, he was able to rip of almost two minutes from the break's advantage. I still dont understand that, why did he do it? They had "sitting bull" Chavanel in the front. Did they believe in Coquard's victory? The result of his effort was (I believe it was one of the reasons) Sagan's attack at the crosswind section, who split the front group and suddenly Chava lost the stage. More shocking to me, at this moment, Tommy V and the rest of his team pulled of the front of peloton. And we never saw Chava do a turn in a second group. What kind of tactics did Direct energie play in this stage?

Yes, surely for Coquard. I think they've got every reason to believe in him - he's surely not far away from snagging his first stage, especially now that everyone is more tired.

The problem was the quality of the break. There was serious horsepower and quality there - I think Direct Energie had every right to give up the chase too....

And maybe you can tell me what IAM were doing on the front of the peloton.....Other than advertising the brand, I couldn't work it out.

Well, IAM could just have personal issues with someone in the front group;)

Martin said:
The Hegelian said:
Martin said:

They also might of been getting punished by the DS for missing the break

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
StryderHells said:
Martin said:
The Hegelian said:
Martin said:

They also might of been getting punished by the DS for missing the break
These "punishments" have always struck me as stupid. By wasting energy, the DS only makes sure his team is more likely to miss the break in later stages.

TRENDING THREADS