2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 69 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Death Merchant said:
DirtyWorks said:
The Death Merchant said:
Froome keeps the yellow! Well that's it, I'm not watching this **** anymore. They are in Sky's pocket. They want to make Froome the winner no matter what. I'm not going to waste any more of my time with this ****.
Were you watching the sport when Armstrong was wiping the floor at the TdF? Same sport, different guy wearing a GC leader's jersey. This time, ASO is making good money at it.
I **** hated watching Armstrong. It was so obvious he was juicing and that he was protected. And now it's the same thing all over again. I just don't want to watch it again. What's the point? Froome is the new Armstrong and will win this and the ones in the future.
Don't be idiotic, I'll be surprised if he wins this one. NQ will probably come good in the 3rd week still. ASO have ballsed up and are just covering the backsides.
 
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Fight.The.Power said:
The Hitch said:
Ramira said:
TMP402 said:
Dumb fans boo Froome. Sky's charm offensive undone through no fault of their own.
Don't think it's that simple. The dumb fans who hate Froome for no reason will keep hating him, sure.

But real fans realise this wasn't his fault. And shouldn't hold the decision against him. You can hardly call for someone to act like a champion and complain when he tries to get back almost two minutes he lost through no fault of his own.
Fans who boo Froome are probably booing him for the wider fraud that he is, nothing to do with this incident. He's been booed before, that's why sky had to invent the urine narative to make the fans who boo him out to be bad
Different year same s h i t eh Hitch . . . . Don't know why you live in London if you hate the English so much ???
What a narrow minded post.
Are you part of the EDL or something? What does pointing out that the majority of cycling fans legitimately dislike Froome have to do with hating the English? :eek:
I've never liked Hitch
 
Re:

TMP402 said:
Jan Bakelants ‏@Jan_Bakelants 5m5 minutes ago

People leave your flags at home. They add nothing and only bring us in danger. Had a bad crash due to a drunk guy with a flag @letour
Well Froome punched one and got fined. There you go. What is it with the flares, why does someone go to a bike race with a flare ? To be seen with coloured smoke on the side of the road is what ?
 
Apr 3, 2011
2,301
0
0
Re: Re:

Ramira said:
movingtarget said:
I expect something strange in the TT tomorrow. It's been that sort of race.
Well at least in most of the crucial parts (if not all) of a TT there are barriers, like there should have been at the point the crash happened today.
well, some wind gusts, and anything can happen when you are on TT bike with deep section wheels (Greg Lemond already suggested that it was wind gust that took Gerrans down)
 
Here's what's posted at ASO's site.
1.
FROOME C. SKY 57h 11' 33''
2.
YATES A. OBE 00' 47''
3.
MOLLEMA B. TFS 00' 56''
4.
QUINTANA N. MOV 01' 01''
5.
BARDET R. ALM 01' 15''
6.
VALVERDE A. MOV 01' 39''
7.
VAN GARDEREN T. BMC 01' 44''
 
Feb 27, 2016
25
0
0
Re: Re:

infeXio said:
Lynton said:
The Hitch said:
In 2011 stage 1 Contador's group got taken out by a spectator on a flat stage. He lost 1.20 and without that loss he would have been on the podium.

Why should spectators taking out riders suddenly be neutralised if its never been before?

I have lost a lot of respect for Quintana. What happened to not attacking an opponent that has suffered a mechanical or other misfortune as is the unwritten rule? Prior to the Porte/Froome crash Quintana had been dropped and was not going to be able to respond, he was loosing time on both of them. He should not have intentionally profited from their misfortune, that is just not done. Just another sign cycling is losing its traditions and etiquette.
Are you serious? :lol:

Did you expect Quintana to just climb off his bike and walk up the mountain holding hands with Froome? :confused:
Not holding hands, thanks for being condescending. He could have waited for him and not gained on his misfortune. It has been done in cycling many times and is the respectful thing to do. He had no right to be in front of Froome or Porte.

I also don't understand why a number of Sky riders rode past Froome and did not give him their bike while he was languishing on a neutral spares bike he could not even pedal due to shoe incompatibility. Sure their bike might not fit him but it was only a few hundred metres and it would have saved him the time waiting for the team car. His own team members failed him.

I actually don't like Froome much but what happened today was wrong on so many levels.
 
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
It is a just decision. Froome lost time through no fault ofhis own.

The only problem is its never been applied before, and never will be again.

What's outrageous isn't the decision, its the fact that when it happens to anyone else its - cest la vie, such is bike racing. But when it happens to the race favourite who is backed by a global broadcasting super company, suddenly fairness needs to be taken into account.

We've always been taught what happens on the road, happens, can't change it, and the vast majority of people up in arms about this, wouldn't even blink if it had happened to anyone but their favourite.
I hope this is not a precedent.

Fairness doesn't necessarily matter in sporting results.

I've long said the riders need to be protected better from the moron-faction of cycling fans, and I think this "riding through a sea of fans" thing on MTFs is outdated, and also often prevents further attacks, but I'm not comfortable with changing results in hindsight.
 
Re: Re:

carolina said:
DirtyWorks said:
Fight.The.Power said:
spalco said:
Froome's bike had a broken fork apparently:


Posting about the photo. I'm assuming the impact was in an unusual force vector. If the layup is not designed to handle force in that vector, then it fails. This is the reason carbon isn't so great. It's nice until it breaks though!
froome was using the lighter version of the dogma F8. it can only be used by cyclists that weight less then 70 kg. it's a more fragile frame.
So he sacrificed the strength and integrity of his equipment while chasing a marginal gain. Then when said equipment fails on him, he gets ASO to adjust his time.

Based on that evidence, this decision really stinks.
 
Feb 22, 2011
547
0
0
Re: Re:

The Hitch said:
Ramira said:
TMP402 said:
Dumb fans boo Froome. Sky's charm offensive undone through no fault of their own.
Don't think it's that simple. The dumb fans who hate Froome for no reason will keep hating him, sure.

But real fans realise this wasn't his fault. And shouldn't hold the decision against him. You can hardly call for someone to act like a champion and complain when he tries to get back almost two minutes he lost through no fault of his own.
Fans who boo Froome are probably booing him for the wider fraud that he is, nothing to do with this incident. He's been booed before, that's why sky had to invent the urine narative to make the fans who boo him out to be bad
I assume that your user name and avatar is ironic.
 
Re: Re:

RattaKuningas said:
qwertyuser said:
As a neutral viewer of the tour this is probably a fair result. However what bothers me is the free interpretation of the rules. Because if Mollema was the one running up that hill the results would not be changed. This is just because it is Froome. This TDF is really sad to watch. When someone else falls nobody waits. However when two nobody's from Sky fall everyone waits.
Exactly. I have no idea why peloton decided to wait because Froome had to pee in that situation. The racing was on and had been so for the past 50 kilometers.
Is peloton afraid of Froome and Team Sky?
Yeah they're afraid of Froome all 67Kg of him, he's the second coming of the badger. Jesus wept.
 
Re: Re:

doperhopper said:
Ramira said:
movingtarget said:
I expect something strange in the TT tomorrow. It's been that sort of race.
Well at least in most of the crucial parts (if not all) of a TT there are barriers, like there should have been at the point the crash happened today.
well, some wind gusts, and anything can happen when you are on TT bike with deep section wheels (Greg Lemond already suggested that it was wind gust that took Gerrans down)
Yes it looked that way. Sky were riding shallow rims the day before in the wind which makes sense.
 
Apr 10, 2011
4,819
0
0
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
carolina said:
DirtyWorks said:
Fight.The.Power said:
spalco said:
Froome's bike had a broken fork apparently:


Posting about the photo. I'm assuming the impact was in an unusual force vector. If the layup is not designed to handle force in that vector, then it fails. This is the reason carbon isn't so great. It's nice until it breaks though!
froome was using the lighter version of the dogma F8. it can only be used by cyclists that weight less then 70 kg. it's a more fragile frame.
So he sacrificed the strength and integrity of his equipment while chasing a marginal gain. Then when said equipment fails on him, he gets ASO to adjust his time.

Based on that evidence, this decision really stinks.
Ehm being crashed by motorbike is definitely not included in strength and integrity of a bike...
 
Re: Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
TMP402 said:
Jan Bakelants ‏@Jan_Bakelants 5m5 minutes ago

People leave your flags at home. They add nothing and only bring us in danger. Had a bad crash due to a drunk guy with a flag @letour
This...
Yup, someone needs to remove all those people with flags and ridiculous costumes. Don't care if it's the fans or the police. But anyone with a flag or costume is more interested in getting on TV than watching the race, and cycling can do without those.
 
Jul 13, 2016
33
0
0
Froome must be the most hated cyclist ever, just listened to the Tour crowd and talking from experience its not many within cycling outside of UK (the UK people on its own how shown how smart of a people they are so lets not get into that....) which like this guy....And im sorry to say to the Froome fanboys its not for nothing so many people does not trust him lets just leave it by that.


Disgraceful decision by the jury but at the same time im also kinda happy cause it was just to much of a clusterfuck
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY