• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

saganftw said:
everybody is looking forward to this stage which means its inevitably going to be boring
Well, it is the Tour de France. I don't want to sound like a hater, because I do generally enjoy the race, but by far the most exciting stages so far, have been the two ridden like classics. High mountain stages with super strong trains are generally a bit dull - it's just a case of which rider will gain 30 seconds in the last 5km, or maybe they will finish together again.

Re: Re:

Lance Armstrong said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Perhaps the shortened final climb will encourage some to attack.
Perhaps the winds will. Everybody saw the pain and suffer Movistar went through yesterday. They can't ride in the wind! Sky+Cancellara+Sagan may try to split it much sooner than on the Ventoux.

If Dan Martin goes well then Etixx could try and drop a few GC contenders in the wind, especially Quintana. If he can get to the base of Ventoux with a 30-40s advantage that would obviously be huge.

Another stage that should be streamed from the beginning especially because of wind.

This stage could be epic from the very start to the end.

I do not expect Sagan in the break today. He is human after all, or :) .

I wonder why Etixx boys were sleeping yesterday. They should have a power to blow this race apart todayjust for the fun of it.

Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
RattaKuningas said:
CheckMyPecs said:
We still don't know the new start time, do we?

On the upper corner it says start local time 12.15.
http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2016/us/stage-12.html

I guess that this is the right time otherwise they would've changed it.
Thanks, they have changed it, indeed.

12h15 was the original start time.

The neutralized start in the Montpellier > Mont Ventoux stage was at 11h45 and the real start was at 12h15.

I don't know if that's the case for the Montpellier > Chalet Reynard stage.

The Barb said:
CheckMyPecs said:
The Barb said:
If the break wins (unlikely but not impossible) then Zakarin.

If GC contenders then Porte. His form looks montrous.
He'll be busy doing dom work for Froome.

At some point in this Tour Froome is going to payback LRP with a stage win.

You know, I thought exactly the same thing.

But then I realised, with about 1 km to go, Richie's training would kick in and he would revert to type, take a massive pull and then virtually come to a stop about 400 m from the line. Froome's elbows would flap about as he wondered what to do, then his legs would go into auto-washing machine spin cycle mode and he would take the victory.

We are what we are.

TRENDING THREADS