2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 29, 2015
699
0
0
Re:

Matteo. said:
Ventoux mutilated, but it's still a big climb with '' Italian slopes ''. for me it will be more than enough to create spectacle, worthy of the duel Quintana-Froome

They didn't actually downgrade it to a category 1, did they? It's still much tougher than Arcalis.
 

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
480
0
0
Re:

RattaKuningas said:
Racecenter says that neutral zone is 18.7km long. Why on earth does it have to be so long?
Reason is if someone missed english breakfast then he could have it in first 18km and served by Prudomme... or what ever is his name.
 
Re: Re:

Andro said:
Matteo. said:
Ventoux mutilated, but it's still a big climb with '' Italian slopes ''. for me it will be more than enough to create spectacle, worthy of the duel Quintana-Froome

They didn't actually downgrade it to a category 1, did they? It's still much tougher than Arcalis.
That profile is probably from Paris-Nice, where they don't use the HC categorisation.
 
Aug 16, 2013
7,619
0
0
The wind is perfect between Venasque and Bedoin. Possible echelons will likely be formed there.

And we will be able to see it with our own eyes :)
 
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nairo Quintana: "There's a lot of mountain left after today"
Nairo Quintana (Movistar) told letour.com this morning: “I would have preferred the stage to finish at the top because the climb suits me. But there are a lot of days left and a lot of mountains.”
 
Re:

Matteo. said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Nairo Quintana: "There's a lot of mountain left after today"
Nairo Quintana (Movistar) told letour.com this morning: “I would have preferred the stage to finish at the top because the climb suits me. But there are a lot of days left and a lot of mountains.”
Doesn't sound encouraging when you are looking forward to see attacks today. But you know there are lots of Tours left.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,093
4
0
Race situation at km 13:
Bertjan Lindeman and Sep Vanmarcke (Lotto-Jumbo), Stef Clement (IAM), Serge Pauwels and Daniel Teklehaimanot (DiData), André Greipel and Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal), Bryan Coquard and Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie), Iljo Keisse (Etixx-Quick Step), Chris Anker Sorensen (Fortuneo-Vita Concept), Dani Navarro and Cyril Lemoine (Cofidis) in the lead.
Diego Rosa (Astana), Cyril Gautier (AG2R-La Mondiale), Tom-Jelte Slagter (Cannondale-Drapac), Georg Preidler (Giant-Alpecin), Paul Voss (Bora) and Vegard Breen (Fortuneo-Vital Concept) at 1.15
Alberto Losada (Katusha) at 3.20
Peloton at 5.25
 
Apr 3, 2011
2,301
0
0
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Race situation at km 13:
Bertjan Lindeman and Sep Vanmarcke (Lotto-Jumbo), Stef Clement (IAM), Serge Pauwels and Daniel Teklehaimanot (DiData), André Greipel and Thomas De Gendt (Lotto-Soudal), Bryan Coquard and Sylvain Chavanel (Direct Energie), Iljo Keisse (Etixx-Quick Step), Chris Anker Sorensen (Fortuneo-Vita Concept), Dani Navarro and Cyril Lemoine (Cofidis) in the lead.
Diego Rosa (Astana), Cyril Gautier (AG2R-La Mondiale), Tom-Jelte Slagter (Cannondale-Drapac), Georg Preidler (Giant-Alpecin), Paul Voss (Bora) and Vegard Breen (Fortuneo-Vital Concept) at 1.15
Alberto Losada (Katusha) at 3.20
Peloton at 5.25
wot, lazy Sagan not in the break?

;-)
 
May 29, 2015
699
0
0
What is Greipel doing? He's 200 points behind the green jersey, so that can't be it. Is he really just there to fetch bottles for De Gendt?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY