• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 51 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
Ramira said:
Just hope this doesn't end up being where the tour is decided.

It won't be. The podium was set before the incident. Froome, Porte, Yates.

It shouldn't be, but you never know. Froome hasn't exactly been amazing in the high mountains. One bad day (by Froome standards) could be enough to lose it, but by less than the time he lost today.

Ruby United said:
DFA123 said:
Why didn't Henao give Froome his bike when he went past him in the last km? Not very marginal gains there.

he is half the size of froome
Well he's 15cm shorter. Froome could easily have used it for the last km and would have saved time rather than spinning that Mavic bike with one gear and then waiting for his team car. Henao even stopped a bit later to try to pace him in the final 500m, so wasn't just trying to protect his GC position :confused:

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
If ASO doesn't take times before the crash...

asterisk.jpg

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Warhawk said:
rainman said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Yes, this was a disgrace but come on, it was the most hilarious pictures! Bjarne Riis even said "This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen".
How sad, to find something so idiotic so amusing you guys have gone way down in my estimation

Can I be amused at the idiocy of it all?

No, you have to be so outraged you wish death upon people.

Really, people need to chill the hell out.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
What in the fricking name of god happened???

Fan crashed, moto had to stop abruptly. Took out Porte, Froome and Mollema. Porte and Froome bikes got smashed, but then Froome didn't have bike for ages and had to run. All in all, scandal :D

MacBAir said:
BigMac said:
geargbest said:
Unfurtunate but this is cycling, Contador crashed and got ill without that they would all be fighting for 2 and 3 place anyway. Sometimes cycling can be cruel like that so obvious results should stand. Its better to loose a 1.30 min on something like this rather than getting so injured your forced to abandon.

This is NOT cycling. STOP pretending this is within the realm of what's considered normal in the sport. A drunkard causing this crap has as much to do with cycling as a sniper in the stands of a stadium shooting players has got to do with football.
Ale-***-luia! Anyone trying to find excuses for these animals, wishing bad luck to Froome after his performances and so on shouldn't have a place to voice their opinions.

Oh dear.. Now we're onto snipers? I'm thinking this is probably the first time you've seen an incident like this. It happens. It's part of the character of the event.

I'd also like to point out the alternative which is the Giro and many Kms of barriers. Which, is boring. Or Tour de Suisse, nobody watching.

TRENDING THREADS