• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MeiLewis said:
Velolover2 said:
Pantani Attacks said:
I'm in tears of laughter

f8a318384bdd8c9c7f2516e937a46668.gif

Thank you. I like Froome but :lol:!

He could do well as a distance runner.

He's not that bad at running is he? Given how far he'd already ridden, he'd just crashed, and he was running in cycling shoes.

It's difficult to walk in cycling shoes, let alone run. So he was always going to look silly there.

It also shows the difference between Froome and Armstrong, for all his flaws (and they were so so many) Armstrong would have stayed cool under this pressure, Froome clearly panicked.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

Ramira said:
Cancelled said:
Warhawk said:
rainman said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Yes, this was a disgrace but come on, it was the most hilarious pictures! Bjarne Riis even said "This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen".
How sad, to find something so idiotic so amusing you guys have gone way down in my estimation

Can I be amused at the idiocy of it all?

No, you have to be so outraged you wish death upon people.

Really, people need to chill the hell out.

I agree it's disgusting, it truly is.

But to pretend there wasn't something so absurd about it that it was funny is disingenuous at best.

And to wish anyone bodily harm, or ever worse death, over a sporting event. That's far worse than anything that happened today.

Agree completely, I had one of those moment where you just shake your head and have a bit of a laugh at the absurdity of it all.

No bad will meant to anyone, but let's just hope that the ASO finally learn from this and start to put real controls in place on these MTF's.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hilarious stage. Froome fans are rightfully pissed off, but I'm not sure the stage should be neutralized. ASO didn't do anything in 2011 when Contador lost time because a fan that was standing on the road. Who ever organizes CSS didn't do anything when GVA lost the race because he got hit by a motor bike (he was in the lead as well).

Shouldn't the same rules apply for everyone?

Cycling1984 said:
Laggard said:
So much pathetic, sad hatred here. Grow up.

This forum is disgusting...Froome (a champion) is being insulted by the mob here, joke!!! If the same ever happens Contador, maybe I will stoop to your level as revenge :(

Wow. Relax. Froome will take that minute back, no problem. He rode everyone but Porte off his wheel today.

Seriously. Just relax. It's not that important.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

ggusta said:
so is it safe to assume that at the tdf, regardless of who's bike it is, you still need to cross the finish line on an approved bicycle? not on foot.

And he couldn't just grab a spectator's bicycle laying on the side of the road and start pedaling for the line? Please tell me these assumptions are valid

I believe that you have to cross the road with a bike, not necessarily on a bike. And I think it can be any bike.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
on another note. This is so disgusting to see what happen today. AGAIN with a motor bike. Just when you think at least when the road goes up is a bit safer. OMG. This is just getting ridiculous.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Jelantik said:
on another note. This is so disgusting to see what happen today. AGAIN with a motor bike. Just when you think at least when the road goes up is a bit safer. OMG. This is just getting ridiculous.
Blaming the motorbike for this is rather disingenuous.

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
They don't allow vans up in the last few kilometres do they? It looked very crowded there with the campers on the side maybe they should have run them out of town last night.

maltiv said:
Alexandre B. said:
maltiv said:
TMP402 said:
If they neutralised it when Yates had his incident, they clearly SHOULD for this.
Agreed.
But there was the 3km rule there. Not today.
That was not the 3 km rule applied, they "moved" the finish line for the GC to the 1 km banner. They can do the same today.

Didn't they move it to 3km banner where they had timing? I doubt they had today.

spalco said:
Gloin22 said:
Flamin said:
What in the fricking name of god happened???

Fan crashed, moto had to stop abruptly. Took out Porte, Froome and Mollema. Porte and Froome bikes got smashed, but then Froome didn't have bike for ages and had to run. All in all, scandal :D

Porte hit that motorcycle pretty damn hard btw, right into the camera. Hope he's ok.

He seemed OK in ITV interview.

Re:

HelloDolly said:
Thoe writing Quintana off should realsie that wind today was too strong for himand when he attacked he used up too much energy and before the climb

The problem is now that whoever wins there will be a taint

Depends on what they do with the time. And on how good Froome is. It's quite rare that a Tour gets decided by less than a minute. About half the time it's about 1-2 minutes, but just as often it's 2 minutes or more. So if Froome was really the best he's still the most likely winner, even after today.

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
If ASO doesn't take times before the crash...

asterisk.jpg
This.
Hoping that they somehow reset the times. It's only fair.
Also in the latin american ESPN commentary they're talking about Froome possibly getting DQ'd for running without his bike. Could see Sky outright boycotting ASO if it happened.

TRENDING THREADS