• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
Cancelled said:
No bad will meant to anyone, but let's just hope that the ASO finally learn from this and start to put real controls in place on these MTF's.

I'm not sure how many Giros you watch, but RCS is very good about lining MTFs with barriers. It's boring on television. An absolute snooze if you line the climb with barriers. People just sit in the shade behind the barrier and golf clap.

I've seen the last few, since around 2012. I'm sure even with barriers today the crowd would be going crazy.

They really have to do something. There are just too many people on these climbs that have little respect for the riders.

DirtyWorks said:
bp92 said:
This.
Hoping that they somehow reset the times. It's only fair.
Also in the latin american ESPN commentary they're talking about Froome possibly getting DQ'd for running without his bike. Could see Sky outright boycotting ASO if it happened.

Relax captain Sky. Froome will take that minute back with ease. Your podium was set. Froome, Porte, Yates.

Another week to go.

Fine, we got it, you dont need to post same thing over and over again.

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
bp92 said:
This.
Also in the latin american ESPN commentary they're talking about Froome possibly getting DQ'd for running without his bike. Could see Sky outright boycotting ASO if it happened.

Relax captain Sky. Froome will take that minute back with ease. Your podium was set. Froome, Porte, Yates.

Another week to go.
I'm not even a Froome/Sky fan (even though he has had a hell of a Tour so far). I'm Colombian, actually :D .

Re:

Velolover2 said:
audience.png

The audience only care about themselves.

Sk_rmbillede_2016_07_14_kl_17_35_31.png

Tejay was a part of the chasers. But lost time because the idiot spectators were blocking him.

DirtyWorks said:
bp92 said:
This.

Another week to go.
Hilarious. Podium "set"? Yates, who's never been tested over 3 weeks is a given over Mollema, Aru, Quintana, and the like? NOt saying he couldn't do it but "podium set" is laughable.

Re:

Ramira said:
All I can hope is that something good comes out of this. Maybe ASO can learn from RCS and manage these mountain finishes better.

Because however bad this has been, lets remember no-one got truly hurt, and with some luck, today might prevent that from happening in the future.

Posts like this are needed sometimes.

Cancelled said:
DirtyWorks said:
Cancelled said:
No bad will meant to anyone, but let's just hope that the ASO finally learn from this and start to put real controls in place on these MTF's.

I'm not sure how many Giros you watch, but RCS is very good about lining MTFs with barriers. It's boring on television. An absolute snooze if you line the climb with barriers. People just sit in the shade behind the barrier and golf clap.

I've seen the last few, since around 2012. I'm sure even with barriers today the crowd would be going crazy.

They really have to do something. There are just too many people on these climbs that have little respect for the riders.

One thing I would suggest is having the police ride a bit ahead of the cyclists, and remove anyone in a ridiculous costume or with flags and signs.

These guys cause at least half of the problems, and banning them would in no way hurt the true fans.

You know the ones who want to see the cycling, not just be seen themselves.

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site

MacBAir said:
Cance > TheRest said:
One has to admit that the sight of Froome running around in cycle shoes on the middle of the road was a tragically funny picture :)
That said, catastrophic event today. The organizers are partly responsible for the lack of security on the road.

What is also, Porte looked like he was about to open a slight gap. Now we will never know...
I'm the most sarcastic guy on the planet. But I don't get it, what was funny about a possible hurt cyclist with the yellow jersey, in panic, running up the road?
Well, seeing a cyclist with the yellow jersey, in panic, running up the road.
(when you think about it deeply it becomes a lot less funny, but seeing it live was hilarious)

DirtyWorks said:
Pantani Attacks said:
Froome is lying about his bike being stolen. He clearly left it down on the road on his own accord

https://streamable.com/cqiw

Stolen? He's claiming stolen?

Maybe he's still a little emotional about the whole thing, but he needs to walk that back when he cools off.
Brailsford still hasn't apologised for falsely accusing Vayer of stealing the data last year, so it would be noble of Froome to be the bigger man here.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

DirtyWorks said:
Cancelled said:

Cycling's not football. I honestly don't give a toss if the 'atmosphere' isn't great, or if people are applauding rather than drunkenly stumbling alongside the riders. I don't find that exciting, I find it pathetic. I give a toss that riders don't get impaired, seriously injured, or eventually killed. If that takes a few golf claps, that's a price I'm more than prepared to pay, and it's a price every race organiser should be prepared to pay if they're at all responsible.

I wonder if Quintana will be quoted saying the ASO don't care about the riders, and that they're a disgrace, and that the riders are risking their lives every day - and that the stage should be neutralised...?