• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

MacBAir said:
Cance > TheRest said:
One has to admit that the sight of Froome running around in cycle shoes on the middle of the road was a tragically funny picture :)
That said, catastrophic event today. The organizers are partly responsible for the lack of security on the road.

What is also, Porte looked like he was about to open a slight gap. Now we will never know...
I'm the most sarcastic guy on the planet. But I don't get it, what was funny about a possible hurt cyclist with the yellow jersey, in panic, running up the road?

He wasn't hurt. Your sense of humour however seems to have been badly maimed.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
It was so funny, but if froome doesn't get the same time as Mollemma, this tour will be rigged.

No point watching it anymore, false results

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Sk_rmbillede_2016_07_14_kl_17_42_22.png

Porte doing the best Stallone impression I've ever seen.
Looks a bit like Bertie

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Scarponi said:
Cannibal72 said:
Scarponi said:
The TDF kicked a rider out of the race last year for getting in a car for 50m. Froome should be penalized

Thai post is just endearingly, adorably, hilariously stupid. With this level of intellect you'll be in our Cabinet before long.
They both panicked and both cheated. Simple

Words of one syllable:

To. Run. In. The. Tour. Is. O.K.
It. Is. Not. Wrong. By. The. Rules.
To. Be. Driven. Is.

OK now?

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

Poursuivant said:
rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

If he has said that, I have lost some respect for him, someone like him should realise what it takes to put time into good climbers on Ventoux, then to have it stolen from you is cruel, so him finding it funny sounds a bit sour grapes for the times Froome has handed his teams **** to them. Sad act.

Read back through the thread. There was a lot of context to the Riis statement and it can essentially be boiled down to "it looked hilarious but was of course completely unacceptable.

Danish media reports that Froome retains yellow. No further details.

CheckMyPecs said:
DFA123 said:
gunara said:
I feel for Froome and Porte, but neutralising doesn't seem to be an easy decision either
No, you can't just stop the time gaps at the time of the crash. Froome, Porte and Mollema had already burnt matches that some of the guys behind hadn't - wouldn't be a fair solution.
There's no 100% fair solution, but at least taking times at the time of the crash reflects what happened before external factors hti the race.

Agree with the pec man

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Those attention seeking motherfuckers in the crowd piss me off so much. Those guys don't give a *** about cycling and just want to be on tv. Seriously if I would make a rider fall off his bike I would literally kill myself.

I think they should keep the same time gaps as they were at the moment of the crash, seems fair to me (although the Froome group would have probably gained even more time on the Quintana group)

TMP402 said:
maltiv said:
Alexandre B. said:
maltiv said:
TMP402 said:
If they neutralised it when Yates had his incident, they clearly SHOULD for this.
Agreed.
But there was the 3km rule there. Not today.
That was not the 3 km rule applied, they "moved" the finish line for the GC to the 1 km banner. They can do the same today.

Exactly

No, the GC got their finishing time. Yates was given a time which meant he reained Young Riders jersey by 1 second.

Just watched it now. Tour de Farce strikes again :D

Honestly, I hope it doesn't get neutralised and the standings stay like this, regardless of whether it's right or not. Would seriously spice up the race, and Froome will probably win the Tour anyway. He should be in yellow after tomorrow's TT even with these standings. I feel most sorry for Mollema and Porte

Cannibal72 said:
Scarponi said:
Cannibal72 said:
Scarponi said:
The TDF kicked a rider out of the race last year for getting in a car for 50m. Froome should be penalized

Thai post is just endearingly, adorably, hilariously stupid. With this level of intellect you'll be in our Cabinet before long.
They both panicked and both cheated. Simple

Words of one syllable:

To. Run. In. The. Tour. Is. O.K.
It. Is. Not. Wrong. By. The. Rules.
To. Be. Driven. Is.

OK now?
But.Not.Without.Your.Bike :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts