• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 77 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
deValtos said:
Poursuivant said:
yaco said:
Gigs_98 said:
Watching the crash again, was porte just about to drop froome?

Think so - No guarantees but it sure looked that way.

No chance. How many times in this thread alone did people say things like "Froome looks bad", then he goes and drops Quintana and co.

I remember the first time I saw Froome look bad and I thought he was going to drop off just before launching a huge attack. Then i thought the same for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc times ...

But no longer, he hasn't fooled me for the last year at least.

Same here . . . .

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
rainman said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Yes, this was a disgrace but come on, it was the most hilarious pictures! Bjarne Riis even said "This is one of the funniest things I've ever seen".
How sad, to find something so idiotic so amusing you guys have gone way down in my estimation
Cheer up. Don't take everything so seriously.
I'm seeing the funny side more now. Hopefully no one is badly injured this evening. It was unlucky that a great stage win by Thomas de Gent was largely overlooked.

Re: Re:

qwertyuser said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
qwertyuser said:
As a neutral viewer of the tour this is probably a fair result. However what bothers me is the free interpretation of the rules. Because if Mollema was the one running up that hill the results would not be changed. This is just because it is Froome. This TDF is really sad to watch. When someone else falls nobody waits. However when two nobody's from Sky fall everyone waits.
What are you basing this claim on?

What insider knowledge do you have of alternate dimensions where Mollema was running up that hill?

Are you on the ASO jury that made the decision or do you have insight into that process?

Why aren't we using your clairvoyance to make money on the stock market instead of discussing bitterly mad hateful opinions of Chris Froome?

Wow cool down pal, i am basing my opinion on the facts of the past. Because we can only compare it to stuff that happened in the past. When stuff like this happens, the results were never reversed before. When this results in a rule change it is fine, great even. However cherry picking when to revert the results is weird.

Which past results specifically?

Fight.The.Power said:
deValtos said:
Poursuivant said:
yaco said:
Gigs_98 said:
Watching the crash again, was porte just about to drop froome?

Think so - No guarantees but it sure looked that way.

No chance. How many times in this thread alone did people say things like "Froome looks bad", then he goes and drops Quintana and co.

I remember the first time I saw Froome look bad and I thought he was going to drop off just before launching a huge attack. Then i thought the same for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th etc times ...

But no longer, he hasn't fooled me for the last year at least.

Same here . . . .

Yes. He is unbelievable.
Signed
Greg LeMond

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
happytramp said:
Off topic... but who are all these poster with single or low double digit posts?

It's when you are a respected member with strong profile but are so pissed and annoyed at some poster you make a new profile where you can have free rein to *** on them :lol: :p

Gloin22 said:
happytramp said:
Off topic... but who are all these poster with single or low double digit posts?

It's when you are a respected member with strong profile but are so pissed and annoyed at some poster you make a new profile where you can have free rein to **** on them :lol: :p

Ha ha.. that kind of makes sense... I thought maybe a lot of people got excited about what happened and signed up to discuss it but wasn't sure if there was more to it than that.

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
' Yates said he was happy with the decision.

'I don't want to take the jersey like that,' the 23-year-old Briton said. 'I'd rather take it with my legs and not a crash in a bad situation.

'Everyone saw it, I don't think anyone would want to take it that way. If I was in the same situation in the yellow jersey, I'd want the same outcome.'

A career in politics beckons when he decides to give up cycling !

Pantani Attacks said:
saganboss said:
VanBsr said:
Quintana was dropped by the chasing group. Why he get the same time? Shame
to be honest i think quintana was in the same group but was held more by the incident

This. TV footage showed it too. He was held up.

If you look at this image you can see Van Garderen at the back but no Quintana ( the one on the left is Valverde). So he was in front of Yates, Aru, Purito etc. after the place of the crash

Untitled.png

Re:

happytramp said:
Also let us not forget that Froome was allowed to stop and take a pi$$ and have the whole peloton wait for his train to get back on after a crash.

Yeah that wuld have been the post race talk until the Moto Incident!

I just hope all 3 riders have come out of it without physical issues. When the adrenaline is high the pain is masked.

VanBsr said:
Pantani Attacks said:
saganboss said:
VanBsr said:
Quintana was dropped by the chasing group. Why he get the same time? Shame
to be honest i think quintana was in the same group but was held more by the incident

This. TV footage showed it too. He was held up.

If you look at this image you can see Van Garderen at the back but no Quintana ( the one on the left is Valverde). So he was in front of Yates, Aru, Purito etc. after the place of the crash

Untitled.png
So, at the very least, his teammate got held up by the crash. Still a disadvantage that he was affected by, no?

Froomes fork or whatever it's named was broken because a motor from behind raced over it.

So the crash happened because of a moto (probably braking for people) and his bike was broken by a moto.

I'm glad what the commisaries decided on. It still feels awful, but I don't think there was a better solution.

Surprised that Mollema was able to follow Froome and Porte and actually closed the gap. Impressive, hope he doesnt fade in week 3 like he usually does.
I also hope Porte keeps on riding like he does now. I have absolutely no love for him, but I just love it when riders proof people wrong.

Minor point but it annoys me we missed the crash live as we were focussing on the four or fifth rider to almost free wheel over the line after being unsuccessful in the breakaway. This happens on every mountain stage and is a curious bit of decision making by the race TV director when you are in the middle of live GC battle. Annoys the hell out of me.

TRENDING THREADS