• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
in my opinion, they must continue: otherwise we do first to offer the neck directly to the terrorists. if we do we knuckle every time better to surrender immediately and let us massacre.
Obviously, you will need to run in a sober atmosphere, soft-spoken and respectful, but stop at all means give in to these bastards

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (3

Will the early starters be favoured by weather changes? (forecast doesn't suggest change thoroughout day)
Will Froome and Porte be sore after yesterday?
Will Martin and Cancellara be anywhere near their top form?
etc etc

So many unknowable variables. I'll say Rohan Dennis because, while many others have limited motivation he is being relied upon by BMC for a good time for the teams competition and has openly stated this stage is a goal.

Re:

Matteo. said:
in my opinion, they must continue: otherwise we do first to offer the neck directly to the terrorists. if we do we knuckle every time better to surrender immediately and let us massacre.
Obviously, you will need to run in a sober atmosphere, soft-spoken and respectful, but stop at all means give in to these bastards

I agree they must continue in the face of the sub-human abominations who do these things.

Unfortunately cycling would be one of the easiest sports for terrorists to target, so fingers crossed for the remainder of the Tour. I have to say if I were a rider I would feel less than safe, particularly for the Champs-Elysees stage which presents itself as an obvious target.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site

The Barb said:
Will the early starters be favoured by weather changes? (forecast doesn't suggest change thoroughout day)
Will Froome and Porte be sore after yesterday?
Will Martin and Cancellara be anywhere near their top form?
etc etc

So many unknowable variables. I'll say Rohan Dennis because, while many others have limited motivation he is being relied upon by BMC for a good time for the teams competition and has openly stated this stage is a goal.

Rohan Dennis was suprisingly at the front for BMC yesterday, which is a marked improvement on his standing on other days.

It's probably a good thing and he will be a solid marker for Porte and Tejay who ride later on.

I expect Porte to catch Rodriguez in front of him over 37.5km, or get very close.

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
time gaps should be big. wind>30km/h and course not technical enough to take much away from the favs. the uphill parts are too long, not enough of a battle of aerodynamics for dumoulin, too much of an anti-gravity battle for t.martin, froome and porte should fight this out, if healthy.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
IDK if it's the right decision, this was horrible, at least 20 kids died too.

But then again not doing the race, isn't really doing much either way.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site

my thoughts and prayers with all the victims and their families in nice.

ot: are there any streams available?

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Re:

DFA123 said:
Difficult to really care much about this stage and race now. Hopefully the riders can produce something entertaining to lift the mood slightly however they can; it's all going to feel a bit hollow now today though.

Well, there are hundreads of death people every day around the world caused by terror attacks. When it happened in Russia, Asia or Africa nobody cares. When its in France, the whole world is crying and nobody can care about the TDF.

Its a tragedy, of course. But there thousands of smaller and bigger ones every day. We have to life with that. The important thing ist to go ahead. That means: Stage 13 of the Tour de France and a big battle for the victory. That is all we want.

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site

The Barb said:
liamito said:
Tonton said:
Considering what's just happened in Nice, not just as a fan of his, but I hope that the French Champion takes this... :(

Selon un communiqué de la FDJ, Thibaut Pinot pourrait souffrir d'une bronchite.

That would certainly explain a bit. Thanks for posting.
pinot abandon, what a shame. not confirmed but that's what the french journalists are saying

Re: Re:

boasson said:
DFA123 said:
Difficult to really care much about this stage and race now. Hopefully the riders can produce something entertaining to lift the mood slightly however they can; it's all going to feel a bit hollow now today though.

Well, there are hundreads of death people every day around the world caused by terror attacks. When it happened in Russia, Asia or Africa nobody cares. When its in France, the whole world is crying and nobody can care about the TDF.

Its a tragedy, of course. But there thousands of smaller and bigger ones every day. We have to life with that. The important thing ist to go ahead. That means: Stage 13 of the Tour de France and a big battle for the victory. That is all we want.
Speak for yourself. The fact is that this tragedy is clearly a lot closer to the riders, the organisers, the fans and the country as a whole than most would be. It is bound to affect the atmosphere around the race, at least for today, and rightly so.

OmieeZF said:
That says nohing, he will be fine. Quintana not so much.
Froome has ridden 3 >15km ITTs since 2014 and he hasn't been superhuman in any of them.
Quintana has ridden many more and has multiple good results.

Shape could be the issue of course, but if Quintana is feeling well I think it'll be much closer than people are expecting.

saganboss said:
The Barb said:
liamito said:
Tonton said:
Considering what's just happened in Nice, not just as a fan of his, but I hope that the French Champion takes this... :(

Selon un communiqué de la FDJ, Thibaut Pinot pourrait souffrir d'une bronchite.

That would certainly explain a bit. Thanks for posting.
pinot abandon, what a shame. not confirmed but that's what the french journalists are saying

Stink. From the way he has blown out on betfair it would indeed seem certain he's gone.

boasson said:

The show must go on, but your phrasing here sounds a little callous. There are more important things than the race.

TRENDING THREADS