• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Re:

difdauf said:
Cycling1984 said:
geargbest said:
Froome gets more hate than any other riders, despite the guy has done nothing wrong I suspect it comes from that the general cycle fan doesnt believe in miracles...

He doesnt deserve all this booing he gets tho the man has done nothing wrong so feel kinda bad for the man

It's not Froomes fault that the host nation are incapable of winning a stage...minnows of cycling ;)

That's a pretty accurate day to do french bashing.

And what does it say about the French fans that on such a day they vent their anger at Christopher Froome.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

GenericBoonenFan said:
Meanwhile we Belgians are crying and praying for someone to contest in a GC later. (Let's hope Vervaeke and De Plus have what it takes)

Not many care, and we sure as hell don't want another VDB2

SKSemtex said:
geargbest said:
Froome gets more hate than any other riders, despite the guy has done nothing wrong I suspect it comes from that the general cycle fan doesnt believe in miracles...

He doesnt deserve all this booing he gets tho the man has done nothing wrong so feel kinda bad for the man

Nothing against Froome I think. It is just people prefer underdog teams. Sky is too rich, too greedy to have all the best riders in their team.
With their tactics and team strength it is almost impossible to beat Froome.

Even if we built the best possible team from riders outside the Sky now , they could still be very competitive.
I think it would be impossible anyway. He's the best climber in the race and by far the best TTist of all the GC contenders. Plus he can take time on descents and by going off the front on a flat stage. He could be riding for Cannondale or Direct Energie and he'd still win by minutes.

DFA123 said:
SKSemtex said:
geargbest said:

Nothing against Froome I think. It is just people prefer underdog teams. Sky is too rich, too greedy to have all the best riders in their team.

Even if we built the best possible team from riders outside the Sky now , they could still be very competitive.
I think it would be impossible anyway. He's the best climber in the race and by far the best TTist of all the GC contenders. Plus he can take time on descents and by going off the front on a flat stage. He could be riding for Cannondale or Direct Energie and he'd still win by minutes.

:D no f..g way. They would dismount him like old bicycle

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

DFA123 said:
SKSemtex said:
geargbest said:

Especially when Movistar are the main protagonists.

I think we all remember what happened when Froome got isolated in 2013 vs the Movistar team. :lol:

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

cycladianpirate said:
difdauf said:
Cycling1984 said:
geargbest said:

It's not Froomes fault that the host nation are incapable of winning a stage...minnows of cycling ;)

That's a pretty accurate day to do french bashing.

And what does it say about the French fans that on such a day they vent their anger at Christopher Froome.

How dare you mention such a horrific event in relation to a post about a sporting event!!! How very very juvenile :surprised:

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hold your horses right there.Big advantage for him his strong team.Last year safe for him tour.Third week will be more relax for him all that is counting.

Re:

movingtarget said:
Nice rides by Yates and Mollema. Disappointing for Porte and TJVG and Quintana. Looks done and dusted for another year. The next TT should be very interesting for the podium battle.

well, tjvg is a mere 34" off the podium after simply following wheels for two weeks.

i don't expect him to make it as he will bleed time in the mountains, but...

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Quintana and Movistar had everything going for them at Arcalis and they stupidly chose not to take that opportunity and now Froome and Sky have crushed them.

Nobody was going to do any damage to Froome at any point.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Cycling1984 said:
Oliwright said:
ILovecycling said:
Quintana is 3 minutes behind, anybody knows what was the gap in 2015 at this stage of the race?

3:09 was the gap at Stage 13 last year...

This year Quintana is deft a level or two below 2015 form...
Yep,it looks really bad. OTOH if he is fatigued by the wind stages it should be OK after 2nd rest day
But he still needs to attack lot more than 2015 and Froome had bad 3rd week as always
Unlikely