• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 19: Albertville → Mont Blanc (146km)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

PatrickLeeds said:
Taxus4a said:
What is sure iss that Mollema and Yates should fade a little and Purito, Bardet and Aru are in his terrain...If Quintana is till not well, it will be battle for the podium.

Never, ever made a prediction before - But I think Yates will fade a lot today and not make it back tomorrow either. No expert here, but he is very young remember. So I am predicting no podium for Yates. That's as far as I am willing to stick out my neck

It would be nice if Porte podiumed - but I am starting to think he is accursed by some sort of evil wizard who he angered in some way

"I know he's a good cyclist, but is he Lucky?"

Someone needs to get Richie to a Gypsy, or maybe a priest.

loge1884 said:
Ramira said:
loge1884 said:
Rollthedice said:
Rolland is down badly.

so perhaps no french stage win again .... Bardet tomorrow maybe, but unlikely ...

Doubt he had any chance anyway. The gap to the favourites is quite small. I'm thinking Astana wants the victory today, or at least challenge for it. So my bet is the best of the GC riders, unless that's Froome and he gifts the stage.

I am pretty sure the best GC rider IS Froome ......

Well so far Froome has never been the only GC rider at the top of the mountain. And unless my memory failed me he never dropped Porte on a climb either. So while I do believe Froome is the best GC rider, and probably the best climber, no guarantee he'll actually be the best climber on the day.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Red Rick said:
SeriousSam said:
Richie is the unluckiest rider in the galaxy
How many opportunities for GT wins, monuments, Olympic titles, or World titles has he lost due to bad luck.

So you're saying that unless you have the luck to have the genetics to compete for those, you cannot be particularly unlucky? A sophisticated take on luck.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
For the medical experts, does rain mean the Pollen Allergy doesn't impede performance, meaning that Quintana will reach peak shape like at Arcalis?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
For the medical experts, does rain mean the Pollen Allergy doesn't impede performance, meaning that Quintana will reach peak shape like at Arcalis?

Which means what? He didn't do anything at arcalis, just wheelsucking

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Well, particles that cause allergic reactions should rain down to the ground, so there's less particles in the air that affect you, so if your condition isn't affected by exposure, he should be fine.