• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 6: Arpajon-sur-Cère → Montauban (191km)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kittel is certainly not going like he was in 13 and 14 but of course Cav isn't as fast as he was back in the day. Anyway, it's nice having these sprints being really close rather than one guy blowing away the competition like those guys have done in the past. Where was Greipel, though?

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
MacBAir said:
Red Rick said:
Now Cavendish is beating Kittel on speed as well
Not top speed, but initial acceleration. They are equally fast on drags like this but Cav just accelerates faster.
Yeah, still a drag race though. I didn't expect this from Cav anymore.
I've been saying this time and time again: Kittel was amazing at the tour when Giant never worked for anything, and then when the other teams were tired they came up with their train, demolishing others. This represents what, 8 out of 10 wins that kittel had on Cav?

Eventually the other teams would say enough is enough, and not chase as much and protect their sprinters. If Cav was on a team built around him, he would be at least equal with Kittel.

Now we see what happens. And the thing is that Cav doesnt even need a train that much. He only needs to have a team around him and be protected before the finish. Not to mention all those times where Cav did the giro with great results. Now kittel tried the same, and it is fail after fail. I wish I could see Lefereve's head right now.

Me thinks that Gaviria will be the leader at the next tour. Or else, they sign Peter and build a team around him as he pleases.

MacBAir said:
Red Rick said:
Now Cavendish is beating Kittel on speed as well
Not top speed, but initial acceleration. They are equally fast on drags like this but Cav just accelerates faster.

Cavendish has often been faster than Kittel in sprints these last three years, it's just that he always started behind him and couldn't quite make up the distance - now that he's starting his sprints more or less level with Kittel, he's finally winning.

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
TomLPC said:
Did anything happen behind? I saw some Movistar trying to bridge a gap with froome failing around in the background
I dont think there will be gaps.

Nothing that matters. The sprinters gapped the rest, with Bala leading them all home, five seconds down.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

MacBAir said:
El Pistolero said:
Now the real Tour and real cyclists can entertain us, let the little boys ride in the grupetto.
Actually the big boys will ride the in the grupetto.

None of the sprinters are big boys, literally and figuratively. They hardly have the physique of Usain Bolt.

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
MacBAir said:
El Pistolero said:
Now the real Tour and real cyclists can entertain us, let the little boys ride in the grupetto.
Actually the big boys will ride the in the grupetto.

None of the sprinters are big boys, literally and figuratively. They hardly have the physique of Usain Bolt.
What? Then who's the big boy that was ridding at the back and will ride at the front, now? Who are those real, big boy, cyclists?

TRENDING THREADS