• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 7: L'Isle-Jourdain → Lac de Payolle (163km)

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Does anyone know if Betfair lets you bet on several different riders for the same stage win? If so, I'm totally creating an account and putting a pound apiece on Nibali, GvA and Vuillermoz.

I don't see why they wouldn't allow that. Only thing that I could see them not allowing is if you put a substantial stake on all three.

Re:

Googolplex said:
Actual stage odds on Betfair:

Vincenzo Nibali
Stephen Cummings
Alexis Vuillermoz
Alejandro Valverde
Daniel Navarro
Jan Bakelants
Greg Van Avermaet
Tony Martin
Fabian Cancellara
Romain Bardet
Daniel Martin
Simon Geschke
Chris Froome
Joaquim Rodriguez
Julian Alaphilippe
Kristijan Durasek
Nairo Quintana
Richie Porte
Fabio Aru
Alexey Lutsenko
Sylvain Chavanel
Gorka Izaguirre

That's equally ridiculous. Doesn't look like the breakaway will succeed, so 34.0 for Froome Rodriguez Martin and Bardet and 51 for Quintana are all also ridiculous

Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Does anyone know if Betfair lets you bet on several different riders for the same stage win? If so, I'm totally creating an account and putting a pound apiece on Nibali, GvA and Vuillermoz.

I don't see why they wouldn't, because they're just an exchange - essentially if you put a pound on Nibali to win they're just matching you up with one or more people who have put a pound on him not winning, and taking a small cut for themselves.

They have non exchange betting too. But still I can't see why they wouldn't allow to bet more than one.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

MovistarRider said:
sir fly said:
If it's on the GC teams to control this, Movi's avoiding their responsibility.

Movistar and Nairo have nothing to fear from Van Avermaet, so why work? If Sky want's to chase it's their problem, not Movistar's.

they probably forget their math. Nibali is only 8 minutes behind.

Carols said:
Alexandre B. said:
Nicolas Portal (Sky DS) just said on TV that Sky is working because Nibali is ahead.

Yep said not worried about GVA but can't let Nibali back into the race.

Right, but GVA is the reason they're not getting any help from BMC.

Whether any of this scheming actually works is another matter, but the other teams certainly seem to be trying to disrupt Sky as much as possible.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

sir fly said:
GJB123 said:
So Tinkoff should have had someone i the break today but not two days ago? Who should it have been and what use would it be? It is not like the onus will be on Tinkoff to chase the break in any case.
Tinkoff riders' absence from the break means Contador isn't the strongest rider in the team, at the moment.

or more likely, the entire of Contador's team is weak in the first place anyway. :lol: