• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 7: L'Isle-Jourdain → Lac de Payolle (163km)

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

vedrafjord said:
King Boonen said:
Yep. I had already decided to do it after what happened with Varnish but this just cements it. I don't need a BC licence as I don't race and can TT without one, unfortunately a lot of people I know do race so they have no choice.

Only thing is if you're a member you can help change things. Not sure how it's set up in Britain, but in Ireland we got rid of Fat Pat, so democracy does work sometimes. Of course in doing that we unknowingly cleared the way for Cookson...

I thought about it, but I think my not renewing my membership, telling them why and publicising it as best I can Is the biggest effect I can have on my own.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site

Andro said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
In Morkov/Bennett festival of suffering news, Bennett actually came in tenth last, holding on to the last sizeable group. Morkov doesn't have a time up on the letour site, which is a bit worrying.

Mørkøv lost 26 minutes today.
I can't see him surviving this weekend, barring a miracle.

CheckMyPecs said:
Andro said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
In Morkov/Bennett festival of suffering news, Bennett actually came in tenth last, holding on to the last sizeable group. Morkov doesn't have a time up on the letour site, which is a bit worrying.

Yes. Chapeau to him for trying though. (And to Bennett, who looks to be improving a little more quickly and might make the time cuts).

Re:

rehy90 said:
Tour organizers are lucky this race has so much history...so boring when you compare it to Giro/Vuelta

Man, I see this every year. The Tour is the Tour. It's the ONLY race where every team brings their first string at 100%. Sprinter teams won't let breakaways go because they need their stage win. First mountain stage the yellow jersey attacks and a solo win by cummings. What do you want?

Tons of story lines:
Cav wins stage into yellow first time in career.
Sagan wins stage into yellow first time in career
Possible tour winner crashes early. Disharmony in team
Possible podium rider flats 5k from finish loses big chunks of time
Kittle wins super close sprint
Cav wins super close sprint moves into second place all-time stage wins
GVA wins stage into yellow first time in career.
Cummings solos off the front to win stage
Froome and Quintana look to be in peak condition perfectly placed going into the mountains
Green jersey is actually competitive this year.
Emergence of two young French riders in addition to RB & Pinot

Now Froome and Sky could blast tomorrow's stage and make the tour be all but over but that's more about the riders and teams than the way the course is set up.

Plenty of storylines, sure. Plenty of action, no. Four super flat sprint stages. One pretty decent uphill sprint. One hilly stage where the peloton did absolutely nothing. One mountain stage where the peloton did absolutely nothing. The only entertainment has been a couple of minutes of sprinting, a few minutes at the end of stage two and then whatever various breaks get up to. By any standards that's a very, very quiet week of stage racing.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Any news on the time gaps 3km out? If Yates gap is bigger than 4 seconds then does he take white? He surely should get it, he had 15-20 seconds with a k to go and would have tken it had it not been for the incident.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
Odd that it's taking them so long to amend Yates time. Surely it's not a hard decision, unless they are considering whether or not to give him a few extra seconds on the GC group.

They said they were taking the times from 3k so it will take a while to sort it out. Its not just how much time Yates had but also those behind the lead group - including some who made it back to that group by the finish due to the delay.

Well I enjoyed today. Great action to create the break. The Yellow Jersey driving in the break and staying away all day despite getting dropped from the break to gain more time on GC. Lots of attacks in the break and a great solo win by Cummings. What's not to like? The GC guys did nothing, otherwise it was good viewing IMO.

Zinoviev Letter said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Andro said:
Zinoviev Letter said:

Yes. Chapeau to him for trying though. (And to Bennett, who looks to be improving a little more quickly and might make the time cuts).

Mørkøv said he's there because Kristoff needs him in the sprints. He can't be any use in a leadout when he's this badly injured, surely?! I admire his resolve but not his reasoning for staying in.

RedheadDane said:
A-what-now?
Geeks.

Anyway, I think, barring catastrophe, the pecking order is clear. It's between Froome and Quintana with Aru lurking. I'd be shocked if anyone else is in with a shout. Porte, Pinot, Zakarin and Contador have been damaged too much, and Bardet and Tejay are just not good enough to win à la pédale, IMHO.

Really surprised that the dawg was kept on a leash for this stage. Maybe he's targeting Ventoux? I doubt this weekend will be any better for him. Meanwhile, would seem Movistar is smartly but dispiritingly waiting the Pyrenees out, so I expect some dull racing to follow. But then again I expected an attack today, so what the heck do I know.

Re: 2016 TdF, Stage 7: L'Isle-Jourdain → Lac de Payolle (163

pink_jersey said:
RedheadDane said:
Kwibus said:
Are they going to fix Yates time?

I mean I hope they realise it's their fault he crashed...

Apparently they have.
But hey, I suppose hitting the riders with motos was getting a bit old fashioned... :rolleyes:

They didn't. He's still far back in the GC.

Yeah, I'm getting nervous about it now.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Think it's just that the commisaires gave Yates the same time as the main group, something that is being appealed by orica so as to enable Adam to get white by giving him a time gap. Seems most likely, can't believe he won't at worst get the same time as the favorites

TRENDING THREADS