• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 8: Pau → Bagnères-de-Luchon (184km)

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Zinoviev Letter said:
What the hell are Bora doing allowing Buchmann to ride for 30th on GC or something? His GC is over, he should be dropping time and trying to get in breaks on mountain days. Yet here he is pulling on the front of the Contador group, trying to limit his losses.

German TV went crazy over the sight of him finishing in front of Barguil and Contador. So job well done. His goal is to finish Top 20, and he looks to be on a good way. He's not aggressive enough (yet) for wins from breaks.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

DFA123 said:
Andro said:
Good ride but also fairly lucky that Quintana gets caught offguard while grabbing a bottle and Valverde takes a long time before he decides he actually wants to help Quintana and try to chase down Froome.
I think Valverde could have caught Froome if he was by himself, but Quintana kept losing his wheel so he had to hold back a bit. At Quintana's size, it's always going to be a potential weakness on long, straight descents like this.

lol.. now Froome is going to win the Tour by doing a decent. Maybe Quintana forgets to train for descending.. It's quite a ride by Froome. We see Quintana's *** of armor... descending.

El Pistolero said:
Andro said:
El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
El Pistolero said:
Froome won the Tour, British domination continues. 5th British win in 8 days.

I'm done with the Tour.

Tour is won in the mountains. We have no idea who's the better climber right now between Froome and Quintana

Oh bollocks, how many times have we seen this **** already? Froome won unless he crashes out. That's all there's to it. Race is over.

Stop playing stupid. The race is not over. Quintana looked really strong uphill but got caught off guard when grabbing a bottle at the top of the mountain.

All these "wahhhh frooome has won now wahhhh tour over" posts are pure AIDS and everyone making them should feel bad.

I'll quote you after the Tour is done then. Can't believe some people still think Quintana can win this. Lol! Quintana didn't look strong at all.

And what if Quintana doesn't win? Froome deserves to be in the lead.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

El Pistolero said:
Andro said:
El Pistolero said:
PremierAndrew said:
El Pistolero said:
Froome won the Tour, British domination continues. 5th British win in 8 days.

I'm done with the Tour.

Tour is won in the mountains. We have no idea who's the better climber right now between Froome and Quintana

Oh bollocks, how many times have we seen this **** already? Froome won unless he crashes out. That's all there's to it. Race is over.

Stop playing stupid. The race is not over. Quintana looked really strong uphill but got caught off guard when grabbing a bottle at the top of the mountain.

All these "wahhhh frooome has won now wahhhh tour over" posts are pure AIDS and everyone making them should feel bad.

I'll quote you after the Tour is done then. Can't believe some people still think Quintana can win this. Lol! Quintana didn't look strong at all.

So Froomes not strong either then ?

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

ILovecycling said:
arvc40 said:
Great ride by Froome. Quintana to win Tour !
Pretty much this.

Froome said it was fun, but for me it is clear that Froome doesnt believe in his climbing

And Quintana doesn't believe he can win the tour. Wtf was that?

If you have some honor as a rider, you follow that attack and don't wait for piti like a ***.

ILovecycling said:
arvc40 said:
Pretty much this.

Froome said it was fun, but for me it is clear that Froome doesnt believe in his climbing

I still think he can drop them any time he wants, and showed it right before the descent. Now whether he can sustain that, as in previous years, and stay away from them? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site

cipurian said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Irondan said:
Purito quietly riding very well so far.

He's hardly been mentioned at all and he's sitting 3rd now. Not sure if he can podium but a top 5 is definitely possible

Perhaps he might be on his own ninja mission.

I'm not even joking when I say SBS in Australia has mentioned his name less than 10 times this whole tour.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Miburo said:
ILovecycling said:
arvc40 said:
Pretty much this.

And Quintana doesn't believe he can win the tour. Wtf was that?

If you have some honor as a rider, you follow that attack and don't wait for piti like a ***.

Quintana was caught out. It's a mistake for sure !