• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if the official roadbook is available for download? Veloroom used to have them but they seem to have been removed from the site (or I can't find them).

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Re:

London Hibs said:
Does anyone know if the official roadbook is available for download? Veloroom used to have them but they seem to have been removed from the site (or I can't find them).
Check the first post of this thread, it's linked there.

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Praying Mantis said:
London Hibs said:
Check the first post of this thread, it's linked there.

Thanks - I was hoping for an English version but in French will suffice for now.

Re:

Hakkapelit said:
Final ag2r (?) Bakelants, Bardet, Cherel, Dumoulin, Gastauer, Gautier, Gougeard, Pozzovivo, Vuillermoz.

SamDum and Gastauer added apparently.

Damn, that looks like a super fun team. Had hoped to see Peraud in one last dance, but whenever we hit some decent terrain, these guys will be up the road. 5x better than the trash-team FDJ has selected.

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Escarabajo said:
Nice work Praying Mantis. Thanks. :)

Easier to just go to one place.

I'm planning on doing stage threads for the Tour, unless someone more qualified steps up. I don't have the expert insight required to make written previews, so I would quote the work of others. I have however gone through the roadbook and extracted relevant information. I would try to bring everything you need to know together into one effective post each day.

Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion & Info

Tonton said:
With Geniez out/injured, here we go:

L'équipe FDJ pour le Tour de France
Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

No Demare, it's all about the GC.

Lacklustre squad. I don't understand it, are they thinking THIS high of Pinot to support him with 8 riders? Its all eggs in one basket. Its boring and I don't think its super intelligent.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

Thibaut Pinot (FRA), Cédric Pineau (FRA), William Bonnet (FRA), Matthieu Ladagnous (FRA), Anthony Roux (FRA), Jérémy Roy (FRA), Steve Morabito (SUI), Sebastien Reichenbach (SUI), Arthur Vichot (FRA)

Lacklustre squad. I don't understand it, are they thinking THIS high of Pinot to support him with 8 riders? Its all eggs in one basket. Its boring and I don't think its super intelligent.
Yep,and if you compare it with Ag2r then it looks even worse :eek:

ILovecycling said:
Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

Yep,and if you compare it with Ag2r then it looks even worse :eek:

Indeed. They will be everywhere, gotta love them! ;)

Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

Who should they have picked?

roundabout said:
Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

Good point, they are rather slim, but I would have liked to see Demare for starters. Whether he was told it was 100% for Pinot or it was his own choice, I dno.

Re:

Jungle Cycle said:
If Valverde takes yellow on the 2nd day, should Movistar defend it, chasing long range attacks until the 1st mountains or let it go of the work to be fresh for Quintana?? maybe he'ld lose it to bonus even before but still, try different things or 100% on Quintana??

Considering the season of the sprinters are on the line the next few days, they'll be just fine if he wins it. It won't change a anything, at all.

Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

Nothing lacklustre about the FDJ squad, taking Demare wouldn't of made the team any better if you look at the teams of the big sprinters then Demare would of struggled to compete against them, in reality taking him would of been pointless, also with a flat WC this year and the fact he had a big spring I can see the sense in him missing this years Tour. Looking at the squad and Pinot's form this year it makes perfect sense that they are going all in for him, also if something does go wrong with Pinot then FDJ have a few riders there who can go after stage wins.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

roundabout said:
Valv.Piti said:
Tonton said:

If you want to have a team built all around Pinot I would have picked Elissonde, with Geniez still injured that would have been the the best team to support Pinot in the Mountains.
Im ok with the fact that they won't bring Demare, maybe they could have brought Reza (even if I still don't get why he's never racing with Demare, I assumed that they signed him as a leadout man, he used to be a good one for Coquard).
Elissonde hasn't done a lot this year (ok, he hasn't done a lot since winning on the Angliru), but he rode a good NC RR and finished with Bardet and Pinot and it's not like they have a ton of pure climbers, I would have picked him.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Jungle Cycle said:
If Valverde takes yellow on the 2nd day, should Movistar defend it, chasing long range attacks until the 1st mountains or let it go of the work to be fresh for Quintana?? maybe he'ld lose it to bonus even before but still, try different things or 100% on Quintana??

Considering the season of the sprinters are on the line the next few days, they'll be just fine if he wins it. It won't change a anything, at all.
Thats right.Sprinter teams are expected to work whoeve has the maillot jaune.
But I hope this will not happen, for Nairo's sake.

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Astana

Fabio Aru (ITA)
Jakob Fuglsang (DEN)
Andrei Grivko (UKR)
Tanel Kangert (EST)
Alexey Lutsenko (KAZ)
Vincenzo Nibali (ITA)
Diego Rosa (ITA)
Luis León Sánchez (ESP)
Paolo Tiralongo (ITA)

I'm happy that Kangert was selected. What would TdF be without even a single Estonian rider. :lol:

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Astana

Fabio Aru (ITA)
Jakob Fuglsang (DEN)
Andrei Grivko (UKR)
Tanel Kangert (EST)
Alexey Lutsenko (KAZ)
Vincenzo Nibali (ITA)
Diego Rosa (ITA)